I'm about to get a new bass but what?!!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by l337jew, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Basically i've had an Ibanez GSR200 for about a year now, and I feel like i'm ready to graduate to a really nice bass. Something around $700 and i mainly play punk rock and just plain rock. What would be a good bass for this kinda of stuff? I have played a fender jazz bass and i liked it bu t its a big tooo jazzy looking for me LOL... thanks in advance
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    FOr punk i would probably recomend a Fender P bass. THe body isnt as big as the Jazz. You can get a used American for that price.
  3. Thanks alot man i'll check that one out
  4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Second the P bass suggestion and also a jazz bass. I would also say that you shouldnt NOT buy a jazz bass because of the way they look. Go by the sound and feel of the instrument. You may also want to look into a Stingray. :cool:
  5. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Of course there are billions of possibilities. But, I'd check out a Warsick Rockbass. It's made of alder, and so lighter than a P bass, and it has active electronics, so you can get a variety of sounds. It has received extremely positive reviews.
  6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I would also recommend a Fender Precision. You might also want to check out some of the Yamahas. They are an excellent value as well.

Dan :bassist:
  7. I would go with the Rickenbacker 4003 for this kind of music.

8. Have a look for EB's Music Man Sting Ray.

The above basses mentioned are all exellent instruments, but I read a lot that that the SR is the most versataille bass?

still an awesome one to look at regardless!
  9. why should i go with another handle? you against jews?

10. Carvin makes good equipment for lower prices. They only ship factory direct so you save a lot of money. (I have one of their combo amps and it's really good)
  11. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    punk rock bass playing = P Bass
  12. Thanks for the help guys most of the time when i join a forum no on responds which is kinda annoying. I think i'm might go with the P-bass...but i've got another quesion about it. I was on some websites that sell the p-bass and there were different kinds of the p-bass.... i think the American P-bass was the only one that was in the price range i said. Is that the one most of you are referring to you?
  13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    There's also that whole thing where you don't get to play the instrument before you buy it, and thus don't know how it feels or what it sounds like.
  14. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

motion seconded and passed
  15. seriously whats wrong with my handle? you guys nazis or something?
  16. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Well, what IS the matter with his handle?
    Let's hope you guys are not being jerks...
  17. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Definatly go with something with a single MM pickup. Check out the MTD Kingston. I don't think you will find a StingRay for under $800 anywhere.

There's nothing wrong with your handle. Nothing at all. I've seen all sorts of stuff here about "Jesus this, Jesus that", no one ever tells them to change their sig. In fact, if you must switch your handle, switch it to I AM A JEW. Be proud of who you are.

Okay, let's shut up about this whole issue before one of the mods close the thread.
  18. Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    I totally agree, the Ric gets an awesome punk tone!

19. Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Yeah that is definately a rude remark. Most peeps here have nothing against others beliefs. just ignore them my friend!