1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm about to have a stroke over customer service.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Time Monkey, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    I've been working in customer service related work since my first mcjob.

Ya ya, i know all jobs are technically customer service... I'm talking about dealing with the general public.

Jerks, morons, idiots, old people, inbreds... Get them all.

Its to the point where I hate each customer until they prove to me they are not a parasite to the world.

Ya ya ya... they keep me employed. But one more complete brain dead hack of a human, I may just snap.

I know the job market is tough right now, so I have to stick this out.

What makes it worse, is that the only reason i am still at this job is because after i had a better job lined up, my boss told me he was going to go work for a local company in town and he needed someone to run this place. He said he wanted me to do it.

He asked me what they were going to start me at over there, and he started paying me that to stay.

That was in april. HE IS STILL THERE!!!!!!

He is there until about 2, when i am worn out and want to kill a unicorn, and then he leaves and all of a sudden i have to be in charge and put on a smile. Same thing on saturdays.

I've told him what i would be making after this time at the other company, but he doesn't take the hint.

I'm at the point where I feel like giving him my key, telling him to start paying me my old wage and just staying there until I find another gig.

But wait.

He has to sell the place to work for this other company.

He had it basically sold.

He will be gone on the first..... NOVEMBER FIRST!!!! HE IS STILL THERE!!!!

So, do I tell him monday when he is back from his "business he needs to handle" (AKA his kid plays travel hockey and he wants to go get drunk at the marriot in anaheim) to give me a couple more bucks an hour, or "demote" me and pay me my old wage just to take some stress off me...

Or do I just stick out the BS and if I get another job, tell them I will start the next monday and tell him to stuff it?

/angry rant.

i need a hug.

2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    So you're getting paid manager's wage and you only have to do the job half the time?

3. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    HAHAHA.

Getting paid $11 an hour. Average managers wage in this business is $15+ including some benefits and bonus.

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Anyone who works customer service has my respect and sympathy. When I feel disrespected, I have no problem telling someone where to go. I can' t imagine a gig where verbal abuse is part of the job. :(

5. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Stay until you find another job. Employers tend to favor hiring folks who are currently employed vs someone who's been out of work for months.

6. Strohsx

Strohsx

Aug 16, 2011
    Awww welcome to the working world, you must be new here.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    This.

8. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Like Cheezewiz said: "This"

9. Welcome to why I work in science.

I very, very, very rarely deal with joe public.

10. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Numbers seldom yell at you.

11. Exactly.

Any yelling is usually from me at an inanimate object.

12. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    They yell at me all the time haha

13. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Yes, I knew physics would be good for something!

14. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I feel your pain man. I spent a large part of my day yesterday reading a schematic to a "Qualified Service Representative". I told him what the problem was (Series circuit with 5 N.C. switch contacts, one of them was open.).

I can't tell you which switch is bad or which wire is broken, that's why they sent a "Qualified Service Representative" out to fix the thing in the first place. Get your meter out and follow the print........

15. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm glad I work in b2b consulting. The only time I've had to deal with customer service was when I worked IT my senior year at Oklahoma and I was constantly amazed by people's tendency to not use their heads.