I'm addicted to bass!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MarkMcCombs, May 13, 2002.

1. I'm sure a lot of you are like me, but I just can't get enough of it. I started out years ago playing guitar, but for the last few years it's been bass for me baby! I just love that low end, the warmth, the honk, the punch, how it can drive the song, locking in with the kick, adding tasty fills. I love playing, and I love listening to a good recording of bass. I love the gear. But I'm NOT one of those car-bass thumping down the road guys, I HATE that crap! Gives bass a bad name.

That's about it.
  2. Mark, you must seek spiritual help now or you may be reincarnated as a '75 Jazz bass with a maple neck. :D

Hey, that's really not such a bad addiction to have.

Mike J. ;)
  3. And you were complaining? :p
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I won't be able to play my bass for a week now and I already miss it!:(
  6. I feel ya on the addiction. but i love sub woofers and loud ass bass. :D
  7. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I'm a bassoholic. It's so bad that I'm having a hard time being away from bass playing. If I'm away from home for a day, sure, I can handle it. Two days, and I jump over the bass when I get back home. Three days, and I pack my gig bag.
  8. the great one

the great one

Jan 25, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I play mine in the morning before I go to work, when I get home from work, after dinner, before bed... I always have the squier bass on my lap when I'm home, but I miss my TRB.