1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm addicted to bass!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MarkMcCombs, May 13, 2002.

1. I'm sure a lot of you are like me, but I just can't get enough of it. I started out years ago playing guitar, but for the last few years it's been bass for me baby! I just love that low end, the warmth, the honk, the punch, how it can drive the song, locking in with the kick, adding tasty fills. I love playing, and I love listening to a good recording of bass. I love the gear. But I'm NOT one of those car-bass thumping down the road guys, I HATE that crap! Gives bass a bad name.

That's about it.

2. Mark, you must seek spiritual help now or you may be reincarnated as a '75 Jazz bass with a maple neck. :D

Hey, that's really not such a bad addiction to have.

Mike J. ;)

3. And you were complaining? :p

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    join the club :D

5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I won't be able to play my bass for a week now and I already miss it!:(

6. I feel ya on the addiction. but i love sub woofers and loud ass bass. :D

7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I'm a bassoholic. It's so bad that I'm having a hard time being away from bass playing. If I'm away from home for a day, sure, I can handle it. Two days, and I jump over the bass when I get back home. Three days, and I pack my gig bag.

8. the great one

the great one

Jan 25, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I play mine in the morning before I go to work, when I get home from work, after dinner, before bed... I always have the squier bass on my lap when I'm home, but I miss my TRB.