Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Im after an Acoustic Bass What can you Recommend??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by short_skirts, Feb 14, 2005.

1. short_skirts

short_skirts

Feb 14, 2005
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
    Im after an Acoustic Bass What can you Recommend??
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

thanks

2. JonTheBassGuy

JonTheBassGuy

Dec 12, 2004
    theres a whole bunch of threads on this. but everyone reccomends the Tacoma Thunderchief or an Olympia. I play my friends olympia and it sounds pretty good.

3. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    Michael Kelly = Good

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Rob Allen seems also highly recomended.

5. chekerbored

chekerbored

Nov 18, 2004
    STL
    I just got my Tacoma a week ago, its plays excellently and it sounds superb. I get to test it in a battle situation this weekend (i get to go up against 3 acoustic guitars i think and some congas, its gonna be an adventure). I tell ya how it goes.

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    [​IMG]

7. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I have the Tacoma/Olympia and it sounds really good. I put Labella black nylon tapewounds on it and it sounds even better. :) The only downside is the Fishman electronics, but it was $300 new without a case so I really can't complain.

if you go with the Tacoma you can get it with LR Baggs electronics which sound a lot better.

8. If you plan to play unplugged and cut through the mix, check out the Dean Performer. I take mine camping and jam around the campfire. It's loud and bulletproof. Inexpensive too.