Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm angry.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Yes, and it is just typical teenage angst and I need to get kicked in the head and get over it. B

But, I need other reccomendations... What I really need is some valueable cuddling time. (Ya, I'm a wuss. And?)

I might get that valueable cuddling time if my girlfriend can go to the movies... No, I don't need to make out. I need a nice long hug, damnit. So don't even let your mind wander.

So if that fails, what do you people reccomend to relieve my petty anxiety?

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Hmmm so you are an angry teenager who plays with guns :) How reassuring!

Why don't you try some meditation - not "spiritual", but mental meditation for 20 minuates a day - or a relaxation tape / cd - they can be very useful techniques to learn that will help you stay relaxed in situations. And, if you are well practiced in meditation, it can be like a natural high ;)

Try taking vitamen B tablets - they can help reduce anxiety - take up some regualr exercise or if all else fails, take Xanex :D

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Can't be angsty if you're blacked out, right?

4. Start working out, nothing relieves anger and/or stress like throwing around a couple hundred lbs. You'll just be way to tired to be angry.

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

Screw relaxation CD's. I haven't done enough drugs nore have I been abused enough to be tricked into thinking they work.

Guns+Anger=Good. Why? Because there is something extremely theraputic ABOUT SHOOTING THE HELL OUT OF A DAMNED TARGET WITH SOME MORON'S FACE ON IT!

And only genetic defectives take happy pills. Depression isn't a disease. Its a lame personality trait.

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    It probably my fault for expecting too much from someone who has to ask advice on how to treat a girl at a formal ;) :cool:

Edit: BTW I, luckily, dont suffer from depression - however as (I think) 1 in 3 people will during their life - you may wish to edit your post to something a little less offence.

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    My mom was on anti-depressants... and all sorts of other head pills... she doesn't take them now... but when she decided to quit, she was a complete hag for a few years. Then she just decided to be happy. And calm. etc...

And I only asked for advice on formal just to give my original thoughts some back up... I would be just fine without that thread.

:)

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Man I'm soo cool when I'm angsty and stupid... I decided to focus that energy into music... And I created a scary ass line. It is very tool esque... And it is in a major key, but it has that evilness to it that songs in minor keys have... My i asked my mom if it sounded evil to her, and she was like "Yes, it does" and she said it like she was shocked I would play something with that sort of feel to it.

Boo ya.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    And this somehow makes your previous post less offensive?

BTW you were talking about anxiety not depression - look them up :p

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Either way. Both are over medicated. People aren't depressed... nor do they have any tramatizing anxiety. Where was all this stuff 75 years ago? It wasn't bothering anyone until some shrinks made it up.

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Whilst both are probably overmedicated, that doesnt mean they are not real problems.

Where was cancer 75 years ago? Do you think it didnt exist? There were a lot of undiscovered galazies 75 years ago - did they not exist ethier?

You are being ignorant - either educate yourself on the subject or stop wasting peoples time with your juvenile attitude.

:rolleyes:

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    This isn't about my ignorance. This is about my anger.

I'm angry... the worlds out to get me and im all alone... *cue, emo moment*

Lets stay on topic, because that arguement is going to go nowhere, because you have obviously been affected by it somehow to change your opinion, and I don't care enough to change it.

No hard feelings.

:)

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Did you ever think all that teenage ander may be caused by your ignorance :p

I sincerely hope you arnt at all representative of the average American teenager - to lazy to educate yourself about anything - prefering instead to stay at your own level of mediocrity
    :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mike... yer ignorant is showing again.

15. or if your hang over is so extreme you can't bare to think about anything else;)

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Far from too lazy to educate myself. More like... To lazy to try to argue at the moment because I don't care.

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Been there. Way been there. Hangover baaaaad.

18. does cuddle mean make out or hold? maybe both i dont know. how old are you? only cuddle if it leads to others.......which it usually does:bassist: <that was totally irrelevent it just looks kick ass!

19. my bad for that last post. i didnt realize the last part. still though.........whats wrong with you? waith a second, dr. mark knows.....someones parents layed him on his stomach.