1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm at a loss here...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by f_london, Mar 21, 2005.

1. f_london

f_london

Aug 17, 2004
    I've been playing double bass for about five years now, and havin a blast doin it, but the only way i have access to a bass is through our school orchestra. It wouldn't be that bad, but our school's music program has gone south. neways... I cant stand to be in an orchestra where nobody cares about what they're playing anymore, but i dont have the cash to buy my own bass right now.
    Any thoughts?
    :help:
    Thanks

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    are there any junior orchestras, artists guilds or churches that you wouldlike to become a part of?

3. f_london

f_london

Aug 17, 2004
    yeah, but i don't know if putting up with the class anymore is really worth it, i'm thinkin i'm gonna have to let my school owned upright go for a while until i find one of my own. anyway, it'll give me time to focus on my electric a little more :bassist:

4. Depending on where you live, there may be rental basses available at a local music store. That might let you keep up your skills while you save for a DB of your own.
    IMHO, avoid the craptastic china basses on the Bay at all costs. You'd hate yourself in the morning ;)