I'm at a loss here...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by f_london, Mar 21, 2005.

1. f_london

Aug 17, 2004
    I've been playing double bass for about five years now, and havin a blast doin it, but the only way i have access to a bass is through our school orchestra. It wouldn't be that bad, but our school's music program has gone south. neways... I cant stand to be in an orchestra where nobody cares about what they're playing anymore, but i dont have the cash to buy my own bass right now.
    Any thoughts?
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    are there any junior orchestras, artists guilds or churches that you wouldlike to become a part of?
  3. f_london

Aug 17, 2004
    yeah, but i don't know if putting up with the class anymore is really worth it, i'm thinkin i'm gonna have to let my school owned upright go for a while until i find one of my own. anyway, it'll give me time to focus on my electric a little more :bassist:
  4. Depending on where you live, there may be rental basses available at a local music store. That might let you keep up your skills while you save for a DB of your own.
    IMHO, avoid the craptastic china basses on the Bay at all costs. You'd hate yourself in the morning ;)