I'm back. Did anybody miss me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bard2dbone, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    My computer took a really annoying break from reality for what seemed like a loooooooooooooooong time but actually was about three weeks. It sucked.

I was going to the library to check my emails, I discovered that if you only get to check your email twice a week or so, it adds up badly. I get about 200 junk emails a day. How much does everyone else get?

So anyway, I'm back. What happened while I was gone?
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    welcome back.... I know the feeling, I get about 250 emails a day :eyebrow: 5:1 junk to real ratio
  3. Welcome back :cool: I haven't been spending too much time around here lately, been way too busy.
  4. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    None. And I have Hotmail. :eyebrow: My theory as to why this is, is that my account name is a "word" that doesn't exist, and spam-bots can't guess it. A word that doesn't exist and isn't a concatenation of words that do. Such as "fawratizsquy", or whatever.

I could be wrong, but it works for me. :hyper:
  5. Who are you? ;)

Welcome back. And yes, I do get tons of e-spam every day. Is there any way to get rid of that crap? :spit:
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Welcome back, Bard :)
  7. "Where am I.....how did I get here...and why does my butt hurt?" hahaha, my friend loves saying that, she thinks it's funny. :p
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I missed you cutie pie.
  9. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I think, anyway.

Yes I missed you. Badbone, Buddman, Boogietiger.
    And even little Toto 2.

I think I may have developed 'Oysterman' syndrome,
    prolonged absences with periods of wondering who all these
    people are when I come back.

The road has been long, as some of my TB email buddies
    know, including illness, a family funeral, and so forth.

But this is all behind me now, so I can resume excoriating
    foolish TB'ers with my rapier wit, correcting bad 'speeling' and generally being my regular, effusive, sarcastic self.

Yes, I missed you. Almost all of you anyway.
    Even you, Munji. Believe it or not.
  10. Hey Thor! I knew I hadn't seen you in awhile and was wondering where you were. I am sad to hear about your reasons for not being here, but good to know you are back (maybe) and not dead :eek:
  11. huh , what ??? didnt hear you, i was listening to steely dan.
  12. Talking about spam, I use hotmail, and I rarely get any spam. Maybe the weird name thing? Though my filter is set fairly high.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    yeah dude, I noticed you were gone. It's good to have you back again.

I average about five junk e-mails a day. They didn't start until I made a couple deals with some dudes from bassgear.com. Grrrrrrr! :mad:

14. You were gone? :p

Fhqwhgads. :D
  15. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I missed your beard.

The usual stuff has been going on, although there has been a rather higher number of relationship advice and psuedo trolls floating around here...
  16. About time! ;)

Glad to see you back. We missed you too.
  17. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Me too. It happens when one realises that TB is a BBS, nothing more, nothing less. Till next month.
  18. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    :confused: I'm not even going to ask.

So that's what I'll be remembered by, eh? :eyebrow: Could be worse, I guess.
  19. I missed you, Bard! :bawl:

This is why I never went into polititics - too emotional. :p

It's good to have you back, man. ;)

20. Welcome back lads, ye were missed.