Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm back in Love with my Eden!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brendan, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, as some of you have seen, I've been kinda tired of my WT-300's sound. Just didn't do if for me. Well, tonight I spend a few hours on it at practice...and man, it's back. Is it ever back. I'm in love all over again. Which means as a B-Day present, my folks will pay for it to get fixed by the nice folks at Eden (and maybe get it upgraded with the defeatable compressor!). Man this thing is nice...
    I found what my problem was: I never bothered checking the pots. I just adjusted them and went. Turns out the knob on the bass pot's knob was off. Off by quite a bit; I thought my bass was at Noon, when in reality, it was closer to 4 o'clock! BAD! So I re-placed the knob on the pot, and bingo, I sounded a hell of a lot better.

It's back, it's back! :D

2. Yeah, knob slippage is a big problem on some Eden vintages. Every time I played, I turned every pot through its entire range to make sure the line and the pot position roughly lined up.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, mines a 98...whatever that mean. Now I just need to get that High pot fixed...course, the problem therein is that I won't have an amp for the stretch of time that it's in the shop...

Maybe the folks could switch from payin' for the Eden to springing for a preamp for the ol' B-Day...

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I had the same problem before.. except it was on the treble pot. I was getting all these nasty tones when I first had my Stingray... But then i figured it out, and I was right with the world again...

What kind of preamp would you get??

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    hey, now i may be actually able to hear what notes you play the next show i go to!

:D :p

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Idiezman-

I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on a Ampeg BSP pre-amp. I hear they can get that SVT grind pretty well...so I might go find a used one to latch onto. Plus, one the Eden is fixed, I can plug it into the Eden as a distortion channel. I'd need a foot pedal to do that, but I could wing one of those by the time I got the Eden fixed.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Har Har chuckles.
    Speaking of which, we got a show on the 27th, and maybe another one sooner.

8. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    cool.

i'd invite you to a show, but i don't think syzygy will be gigging as much as i'd like (see my thread in misc.).

:( :mad:

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    How the hell do you pronounce that?

10. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    si (as in "sit") zi (as in "zit") gee (as in "yo, G").

i read that word somewhere in talkbass and thought it would make a good band name. when i was talking to my friend over the phone, we decided to name our "band" (unfortunately, he lives on the other coast of florida, so it was mostly for fun). he whipped out a dictionary and i asked him to look up "syzygy." the definition in his dictionary led me to believe that it was something like a conjunction of dissimilar things.

when xerohour (xerotalent) "broke up," the drummer asked if anyone had a new band name. i suggested agora (as in agoraphobia...as in fear of public places), but that was eventually abondoned. then i remembered "syzygy." as i understood it, it perfectly described our sound.

then i looked it up in my dictionary.

it has to do with the lining up of celestial bodies (eg-sun moon earth).

so there's the story.

[bursts into song]

when a maan looves an eden....