1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm back in the game! Long reuniting story!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass Tranquil, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    So I hardly ever post or come here now, its a very seldom occurrance. I'm usually preoccupied with the RX7club forums and working on my 7.

Today I went to Guitar Center with a friend to look for Guitars for him since he's getting into it seriously now. We decided on a SG Special, but they didn't have any used ones, so he's still looking.

While he was away I was plugging in the new MM Dual pup Sterling. It had a Jazz pup in the neck position. This was a new thing for me, my first bass was a Stingray, and I currently own a Stingray 5 for my "beater bass". It was so easy to play. I instantly started jamming on the first Mesa head I could find a cable attatched to. It seriously made me want to start playing full time again. For pleasure of course.

Of course a salesperson asked me if I was interested in anything so he could get a sale. You know the one, the young trendy guy who thinks he's hardcore with his girl haircut and tatoo'd arms. (sorry if any of you fit this description, last time I was on the forum full time we bashed Creed wannabe bands, So Carrots!) I was having such a good time competing with a guitarist just feet away with me, luckily the mesa won the battle easily, that I just couldn't turn the salesperson away. I asked him if he had any hardshell cases for my Warwick. It just sits on a stand in my room, so I could really use one since I'll be moving soon. He tried test fitting a Corvette in a Jazz Bass SKB case, didn't work.

Then he took me over to the Warwick Rockbags. He was all "Wow! I didn't know they were only $60, you should jump on this!" Honestly I didn't know they were $60 either. They used to be $30 and of crappier quality, but what do I know? My last Warwick gig bag was over ten years old. These new Premium Rock bags are seriously on the Ritter-plateau.

I remembered I had some store credit from a return two years ago. It was a DJ coffin for my turntables. It was too small. After twenty minutes of the guy looking my info up we were able to dust off the info from the computer. It was only $45, but that was just enough. I asked him if he could make it work plus the $10 I had in my pocket to buy new Spark Plugs. I walked out of that store a happy man and a pimp of the bass world (in my mind). A new gigbag for practically free. Since I got the $10 from my friend earlier in the day for giving him some of my instrument cables.

Its been a year hiatus for me. Just two basses, the Warwick and the MM sitting in the corner of my room by my NYC Pedalboard and collection of pedals. I used to collect bass botique pedals like "bass"ball cards.

I think I'm going to set aside some money from my RX-7 project to buy myself a Mesa Head and some LDS cabs and start playing daily like I did in the beginning of high school.

2. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    awsome, welcome back:bassist:

ive got to about the point with my basses that im gong to start working on my 02 neon, if i can get some money saved up

but a free warwick gigbag... a good day for anyone i guess
    -Jake

3. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    A neon? I hope its for SCCA rallyX! The SRT-4 is one of the few FWD cars that I deem respectable. Tourqe Steer! But that's another thread, hahhaha.