I'm back & Just picked up my new rig!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Danm, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia

I'm back after an extended absense due to work etc.... Well got all that sorted so today ( about 1hr ago ) I went and picked up my WT550 ( In Road Ready Case ), D212XLT & D210XST ( both 8ohms )....

Havent plugged it in yet ( at work for another 1 1/2 hrs ) but have a gig tonight so I'd better run home & plug some music through it or something to seat the coils etc.... Not going to be a loud gig anyway but better to be sure.

I'm soooooooo stoked!!!

Thanks for all your help with choosing my setup, Hope it sounds half as good as it looks ( pics to come soon ).

Sometimes, They let me sneak in with the real people..........

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    That ought to work out real well, have fun!
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, I would agree. That is going to sound really nice.

4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Dan, you're boss pays you too much :)

I might have to go for a drive to Canberra ..................
  5. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Ended up buying a new Gibson SG & Vox AC30CC2 to cater to my guit@r playing whims too!!!

That is basically what the holdup & stink at work was about... Had to wait to see if I could keep my own job before I dared spend the munny.. Turns out I got the job & a $20k raise!!!!!
  6. congrats on the new rig! i think that cab combination should sound killer.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Oohhhhhhh, you're gonna like this!
  8. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

9. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    This thing flat out ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

(Can you tell I'm excited?) [:D][:D][:D]

Got home yesterday & plugged it into the puter to run some music through it for a couple of hours..... All good but not a lot of volume, I put that down to my soundcard.....

Got to the gig early to play around with things a bit ( house band at an open mic night )... Had a new guit@r rig to play with too ( SG through an AC30 for those interested ).... As soon as I hit the 1st note I was floored.... The punch from those drivers is just awesome!!! And the tone!!!!

I kept the 10's on top although someone else suggested to put the 10's underneath, still heaps of thud & punch and everything else I like in a rig..... On my old rig, all of the cabs were rear ported so I'm really noticing the additional air movement.. Let a couple of other guys play through it so I could walk the room & you could physically feel every note ( and it wasn't a volume thing either, just clarity and all that moving air )... I'm gushing!!! [:D]

More to come when I calm down, I know I haven't described the sound very well.... Nice weight for load in/out too!!!

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

10. Pics or it didnt happen.... :p

Sounds awesome man- I played through an Eden 212XLT when I was looknig for cabs and the sound was awesome, very deep yet punchy. Little over my budget though.

Enjoy the rig though- please post pictures for us to drool over? :)
  11. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Should be doing pics on the weekend if not before.......
  12. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Here she be.........
  13. Awesome stuff Danm! Looks like it would put out some huge sound... I have a few questions regarding the 212XLT.. But mroe on that later.

Question 1) Whats your address? I'll be over in the next few days to pinch your rig... Umm I mean try it out :bassist: .

No really...!

Question 2) Would you'd say you can get a vintage tone form the 212XLT Cabinet?

I recently brought a secondhand Ampeg SVT410He, and although it sounds great, it's not really deep. And I seem to be able to distort the speakers too easily even at low volume, so I'm not really happy with it, Not as vintage / deep tone as I was after although it sounded ok in the store...

Enjoy the rig man, it looks cool with that "ray" beside it.
  14. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    I'm a kinda old schol kinda fella myself ( couldn't slap to save myself ) so If the sound I was going for was the same as what you're thinking then I would have to say yes ( does that make sense )...

The whole thing is sooooo deep and round and warm and punchy it gives me a chubby just thinking about it.....

Not a really expensive box either and quite efficient 104db sens rating...... Easy lug too!
  15. You left out your address :p

Awesome stuff, glad you like the cabs; that was actually the answer I was looking for- I cant slap to save my life eaither- I tend to finger everything, or go the pick occasionally dependand on what I am doing. I'm after more a vintageish thump yet clear rather than a distorted mess the Ampeg is putting out at the moment. I know one of the speakers is muffed- but still... :meh: .

Just curious whats the retail on the 212XLT? Looks like I might have presumed that it was much higher than it actually is- Which is a shame, becasue it sounded great in the shop and really sounds more like what I am after.

16. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Cost me about $1600 but I bought a heap 'o other stuff at the time......
  17. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    It's a great punchy thumpy but articulate sound.... Hard to describe... I'm tossing up which one to use for small gigs at the moment.. That was the main reason why I bought the 210XST rather than the XLT.. So I could use it as a standalone but I'm just loving the tome out of the 212 on it's own too.... The front port design is something I'm loving too... Really helps with the "push" of the bass....

Best investment I ever made!!!!!
  18. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Dan what did you do with the old gear. Keep em as spares?
  19. Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Yeah.... Still got it at the moment... It's sitting at one of my regular venues..... Open to ideas tho if anyone's interested??