Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i'm back to tell ya bout my new bass!!(kinda a sequel to my dang thread a while ago!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkopotimus, Jun 6, 2001.

1. YES!

ok a while ago i had a thread here called dang talkin about how i found a killer bass, killer price. but then one of the workers took it!!!

well saturday morning the worker called me up and said that hes selling it back or something along those lines. they gave it to me to take home and try it for a few days, i loved it, and monday afternoon dad took me down to see what i'd get on trade for my pretty much perfect condition mex five string fender..

a couple hours later it comes to 200$ plus trade, killer!!!

i now am the happy owner of a new used bass! :)

i never thought i'd buy another fender but this bass is amazing, its an older mexican deluxe, active of course.

i talked to the guy who used to own it, apparently hes a fairly big blues player here, he said the only thing mex on it is the paint job, and the bridge is upgraded to a custom fender one.

anyways this bass is killer, nicest feeling and sounding bass i've played yet, i'm back to four strings! i like it better then the G&L's i've played!!!!

anyways my dang story has a happy ending, YAY!! haha i'm excited, i'll hook up my web cam tonight and take a couple pictures of it, i love it!!

peace!

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I remember that thread. Congrats!!!! Post some pics & post the specs again. Didn't it have a replacement neck?

Gook luck!!!

3. we werent sure on the neck we thought it was a replacement but apparently its not, its the nicest feeling neck i've ever played though man. i'll get my cam hooked up now...how do you post pics guys, help me out!

4. my web cam doesnt work, when i get film devlepoed i'll post a couple pics