Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm Back! What's up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by reedo35, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Hi guys, I'm back, from two months of military edjumacation at
    Ft. Jackson, S. Carolina, the steaming crotch of the southland!
    I was selected by DA ( department of the Army) to go off and study Military Law. Don't ask me how my name came up, I have no Idea. Any further information requires a security clearance. (seriously). Anyway, I'll be moving to Conneticut in August, so these next couple of weeks will be busy. I'm hoping when I get there, I'll be able to make it down to the city to catch Don and/or Ed at a gig sometime.
    How's everything here? D'ja miss me? ;)

2. It's been a quiet week at Lake Woebegone...

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    The children played, the flowers bloomed, the birds sang, the Norwegian bachelor farmers invented "Pumpkin People" to talk to when they got lonely....

Yeah, it's been a pretty quiet week. How have you been? Did you get to play bass at all during this hiatus, or didja just have your nose in some TOP SECRET book all day for a couple of months?

4. Actually, I did get some playing time while I was down there. ( only on Electric, though. The DB wouldn't fit in my wall locker :( ). Of course, when I got back home, my baby was still there, and I rushed over to play it, and what do you know? It hurt like hell! I'm going to have to spend the next couple weeks just going over the fundamentals so I can get my fingers back in shape. Oh, well. Starting over is always interesting anyway because it affords new opportunities for Discovery.
    And yes Chris, my days were spent trying to decode the Military's version of legalese, tons of fun :rolleyes:
    The first two weeks were spent buried in the books,
    and then we moved on to the security clearance stuff, which was definitely more interesting, but made for some long days. I'm glad to be back, but nervous about moving. I hear connecticut is very expensive. :eek:

5. I thought that you were on some secret musical mission where if you got caught you had to eat your score. Good to see you back. You missed a great ISB convention.

Ditto on the NYC thing. I'll be there in November and it would fun to see Ed and/or Don doing their thing.

Mark

6. Hi, Ed, Your'e right..Ft. Jackson is about a mile from Columbia, guess I shoulda told you when I left.
    Anyway, I'm moving to somewhere around Waterbury, Conn. which on the map, looks to be
    southwest of Hartford and about an hour or so from NYC. I'll send you an E-mail with more info before I split.