Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm back.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Dec 24, 2003.

1. I was in Florida for three days visiting my grandmother, who is extremely demented and in the process of dying rather slowly. It's really quite sad--she has no will to live, by her own admission, but she just hasn't died yet. We're gonna have to move her up to the Chicago area and into a local nursing home (she's in an assisted-living facility right now that demands that she have a $7500/month round-the-clock attendant). Since she's never lived north of Baltimore, she'll probably catch cold and die within a week of getting here, but it's the only way we can afford her care. :(

I'm sure y'all missed my smug presence. I sure wish I could have carried the Gainesville weather back with me to Chicago, but hey, I'm moving to LA next week... :D

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My grandma just died friday from Alzhiemers... losing someone to drawn out mental illness sucks ass.

I feel your pain.

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    In fact, I'm ususally the one that gets to start the actual "end of the end process" by recommending NPO status and asking the family to consider an external means of feeding or hospice. It is never an easy decision for me or the family... had to do it yesterday in fact. What a christmas present. :meh: I feel for you Peter, (and you for your loss Mike) just make her as happy as you can and let her have as much dignity as possible. :crying: