1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm back!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by npbassman, Apr 7, 2006.

1. npbassman

npbassman Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, after a two year hiatus I'm back playing again and I feel reenergized and ready to go. The last time I posted on this board, I had just been burned by a band to which I gave my heart and soul and I was just mentally and emotionaly drained, so I had to walk away for a while. I think we've all been there or at least felt like that at some point. But last night I jammed with a group and although it's probably not the right setting for me I feel like I'm ready to give a fulltime gig a go again. I feel sorry for my poor wallet. There's so much new gear and toys out there for me to try.... :smug:

2. Congradulations, and good-luck with getting back into gigging. For the two years did you just not play at all, or just have one bass and play alone at home? Good luck with getting the right gig, once you get it, it is a magical feeling, and after playing a show whoa it is a crazy high.

Kyle

3. npbassman

npbassman Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks. I noodled around for the most part with periods of weeks not playing here and there. But, I recently taught myself the entire Rent soundtrack to get my ears and hands back up to speed.