Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm Back

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, May 29, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sure I was only gone for like a week... but it felt like 7 days or so! :eek:

I just noticed Spanky's avatar is... brilliant. Aside from that what's up? I missed apparently 6963 posts... anything good happen in any of them?

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Fuqua left, deleted his posts, and apparently some people need to join a support group to get over it.

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Uhhh... do you know about the Ed Fuqua thing? :(

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

THIS IS FOR REAL?!? :( :( :(

*dies*

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Total bummer, huh...go check out the thread in Off Topic II (the lounge)

This is the first I've posted on the subject and I won't carry on about it, but damn... I learned more from Ed than any other memebr of TB.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah yeah, he left, BUT!

He did it like a childish idiot.

You also missed when I walked in, BUTT NAKED, DRUNK AS A BAT! MEMBER GUYS? WAS NOT THAT FUNNY? Oh god, the things I do when i'm drunk i'll tell ya.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :meh: Alright, upon researching the subject. I'm taking an Anti-what-fuqua-did stance. I mean I understand it's his posts his personal decision but... I haven't seem a justafiable reason for him to remove all of his posts.

I don't want this to turn into another Fuqua thread, so if anyone has any comments to what I said or wants to fill me in on something I didn't catch... PM me. If not, I'm done with it.

*cancels plans to make a "Get Fuqua'd" Hoodie with his own money since TB wasn't gonna do it. :( *

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh, also, TB was 10% less sexy without you, just thought you would like to know.

9. :rolleyes:

10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    the pirate thing is slowly dying out..

tb was alot smarter;)

thats about it

11. Err, 'scuse me guys, pardon my ignorance (I'm still a newbie), but who is Ed Fuqua and why did he left? :confused:

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    And 10% less stupid.

:spit:

brad cook

13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Do a search. Look in the DB fourm. There is a whole thread on it.

14. The stoopid "search" function couldn't do anything. Looking into DB...

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    The condensed version (complete with Creepy's paranoid conspiracy theory of the day):

Ed was Pollybass's dad... he was a real cool jazz cat who always played what he heard. He understood and taught many of us how important it is to understand functional harmony. he made long posts that were actually worth reading. ...anyway last week he left his family during the middle of the night leaving Polly feeling abandoned, hurt and rejected. There is a rumor circulating amongst some TB members that Ed may have actually changed his user name by starting a second user account and establishing an identity under the name of Mike Money before committing cyber suicide with his Ed Fuqua persona. I think that's what happened. Or something like that. or not.

16. i missed you matt. you should come over some time.;)

:D

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I dunno if I like the looks of that wink... but OK.

The thing is, I don't know if you guys know this but I'm pretty lazy. I mean I could look over the 1006 threads created since my departure but... meh.

This is why talkbass is an addiction, you miss a few days you are totally lost! :confused:

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Naaaaah...it's just the same old stuff over and over again. You go through the cycle once and you've got it....next time you're gone you just come back and jump right in. It IS a cycle...after all that's not the FIRST time we've had someone leave and delete all their posts in the process!

brad cook

19. I missed you so much, I took you out of my avatar. Here is my new idol:

[​IMG]