"I'm Catholic, what are you?" "Oh, im Christian..." "Oh.. Christian? Thats cool."

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm mad because people don't realize that any church that points to Christ as the savior of humanity is a Christian church.

A few idiots i know off the top of my head are to dull to realize that they are all Christian, just involved with different sects of christianity. (Catholocism, Baptist, Mormonism, Seventh Day Adventism, etc...)

2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I find that in Australia, people will usually use Christian to mean they are not part of one of the "big two" sects of Christianity:

1. Roman Catholic; or
    2. Anglican

But you're probably just angry cos you got fired for stealing lettuce.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I thought he was squeezing tomatoes?
  4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I have no retort involving sex with your girlfriend or anyone in your family, so I'm gonna pretend your a girl.

"Marquetta Latimour? more like... MARQUETTA FLATIMOUR!"
  5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
  6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

OR SQUEEZING THE CHARMIN'!!!!!!!111111111
  7. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Exactly. While "Christianity" is a term for any follower of Christ, certain religions have such crucial differences (like the one mentioned above by burk) that they cannot be considered the same religion at all.
  8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Start a sunday school and teach them.
  9. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Oh yeah, forgot about that whole thing.
  10. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Yeah Mike I hate that :rollno:

Back when I wasn't agnostic (private Catholic school K-12) I would've thought this crap mattered.
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Superstition comes in many different flavors. Buy a can today.
  12. The Christians are revolting!
  13. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Most of us shower on a regular basis, thank you very much. ;)

Mike - you're not alone, even among Christians. One of the new slogans going around is: "I left Christianity to follow Jesus." People get too hung up on denominational differences, but that's just the nature of people. If Elder A disagrees with Elder B, Elder B goes and starts yet another Baptist church down the street that is exactly the same as the first, except disagreeing about one point of "doctrine".

It is all pretty silly, and it takes the eyes off the prize, as it were.
  14. This is how I solve the problem. I believe what I want. Haven't been to church since confirmation, so thats about 6 years now.
  15. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    :D Toasted likes you.
  16. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    This is a disease of American fundamentalists, who are generally completely unaware of the world outside of middle America, or are too arrogant to be bothered by it. Whether you like Catholicism or not, anyone capable of reading a history book knows that until the Protestant Reformation, it was the ONLY Christian faith. For 1500+ years, it DEFINED Christianity, and for nearly 20% of the world's population, it still does. To infer otherwise is to be just plain ignorant of history. Be whatever religion you want to be. But please try not to be stupid. :scowl:
  17. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    *** Buzz *** Wrong. You're forgetting other varieties of ancient Christianity, such as the Eastern Orthodox and Coptic churches, not to mention the long established traditions in places as far afield as India (traditionally held to have been started by the apostle Thomas). Even within Western Europe, there were plenty of strands (such as the Waldensians) that were kept underground by the Roman Catholic church.

The history of Christianity is a richly varied tapestry!

18. Wait for it. wait for it.
  19. It goes back to the beginnings of Christianity. One group of people said Peter ate breakfast then brushed his teeth. Another group claimed Peter brushed his teeth then ate breakfast. They split into warring factions, thousands are left dead.
  20. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Taking part in any church's services and traditions does not make one a christian.

brad cook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.