Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm considering a Euro LX 5 string thru neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Jan 30, 2005.

1. I'm off to try some a week tomorrow, but I'd first like to know if I should sell my Rebop 5er to fund it? I like the sound the Rebop gets, it just I've fallen in love iwth the quilt maple tops of the Euro LXs. I have someone interested in the Rebop, and I can sell it any second, it's just whether I shoul go ahead and sell(before playing), or wait? Is there a huge difference between the Rebop and Euro LX in terms of neck profile etc?

2. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Don't worry about quilt tops right now, you need to concentrate on practice. You have enough purdy basses ;)

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Sell it. Sell your fender fretless, sell your RB 4...

4. What does the Euro LX sound like? Is it growly, clean, or can it do all these things? What's the weight like? The neck profile? What specs has it got on it, such as bridge, pickups, pre-amp etc.? Just lookin for general info...

5. Just to be awkward, I'm also looking at buying a USA NS-J2 for £556.673. It's the older one without the maple top, but is this bass a seriously good peice of kit? I've been told USA spectors are some of the very best basses you can buy. Now, I have to get this bass from America, so I can't play it, so does anyone know what they are like?

6. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    ..didn't your profile once say you owned a spector neck-through USA?

7. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    You know, there just so happens to be this newfangled invention called a webpage that contains much of what you look for.

Nick, keep the Rebop. Keep everything you own for now, and don't make any new purchases for a year or so. You don't "fall in love", you fall in lust. You go far beyond GAS into IBS ("Irritable Bass Syndrome"?) For crying out loud, quit thinking about gear and think about music a bit more... and no, trying to achieve Mike Kroeger's tone doesn't count. :rollno:

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You should sell the Rebop, either way, simply because you've stated many times how much you hate it. No reason to keep a bass you hate.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    He owns a bolt on rebop, and a neck through NS-2a i thnk it is, an older model that is made overseas.

10. I was wrong about my Spector thru neck i was told it was USA, then got told it was korean, then told it was japanese, so I dunno what it is. I do have a tone of my own now(a nice burpy, but slightly more agressive valve tone). I have changed the strings and changed the action etc. on the Rebop, and I actually liek it now, but I have heard the Euro spectors are even better than the Rebops. I have someone waiting to buy the Rebop, but he agress I should play the Euro LXs, then see if i like it before I sell it. I'm justl ooking for general info.

11. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Just one thing nick. You told me you wanted to sell your Korean/japanese (Kramer era?) spector neck thru for 450 pounds? That's way too high of a price. You can usually find those for pretty cheap, about 400$ USD.

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

Just FYI, second hand in USD has no bearing at all on second hand in GBP. Our used market is entirely different.

13. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Ah. You brits confuse me, toasty..

14. Heh, yes, spectors are obscenely expensive ofer here for some stupid reason, but I'm willing to pay for a good bass.

15. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    sell the rebop, and pay for some lessons. it seems as though we see a nickthebasist wants a *place new bass here* thread every week. dont worry about your gear. pretty much the only bass i use is my thumb. it works great for every typ of music i play. what about yours. i always see that you have some special ltd. edition warwick. what do you never play it? sell the rebop and buy the new amps you always talk about needing. no more crate amps or what not.

16. I have a new amp, the Ashdown MAG 250, and with my sansamp, I have a beefy tone. But I still like those Euros.

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Just what i tihnk Nick, you have a rebop, i dont think the euro will sound THAT MUCH different. Its still the same basic idea. I think you should keep the Rebop because it is a good bass and i dont think the Euro is worth the trouble.

18. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    1) Sell the ReBop - you keep moaning about it.
    2) Get the Euro LX.... it's a completely different beast and the throughneck with EMG P/J set up sounds very different to a bolt on with EMG-HZ pickups. I think it's more what you're looking for...
    3) Your NS2A is Korean from when Kramer made them... An excellent bass....

19. 1)Sell Rebop
    2)Buy the Euro LX
    3)Put the Euro LX in a nicely packed box
    4)Send to me