Im curius for limp bizkit's bass lights (frets)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gabkenobi, Apr 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabkenobi

Jan 3, 2001
    Hey! Im wondering how can i get those lights for my bass frets, like the one limp bizkit has. Thanks for reading.

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Those are called LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes). For basses/guitars, you can get them installed by Sims LEDs. Expensive, but pretty cool, and useful if you play on not very well lit stages.

Edit: I thought the website was, but it doesn't work! Little help?
  3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Welcome to TalkBass.

Not to flame you or anything, but would you really want the lights? Whenever I've done anything because of a band I've always regretted it... Well, except start playing bass.

Just trying to tell you to think about it.
  4. mark

Apr 7, 2000
    I think the price may provide sufficent deterence CE.
  5. nope, here ya go, it's

6. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I was assuming that. But I don't want him to feel upset thinking it was a contributing factor to the Limp Bizkit sound, or anything like that.

IMHO just get a bass that YOU want, and YOU like the sound of. Don't get something because some guy uses it in a band you like. :)
  7. you can get those as an option on warwick basses. i don't have the catalog with me though so i forget how much they cost.
  8. the LEDs are really cool. but geesh the price! man thats outrageous. maybe it does cost that much to put them in, but too much for my tastes. you can get a whole new instrument for the prices they are asking!
  9. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Hey not to bash you, but maybe he saw those lights on Sam's bass and really liked them.

Seriously I am not being sarcastic and I don't want to come off that way if I sound like it.

Personally I think that the LED's in his bass kick ass. They really contribute to the crazy look of Limp Bizkit and now he has something to combat the flashy ways of Wes. Now if only that dang drummer would do something they would be complete.

Man for that price though I think I would rather just get a new bass instead of making my current one "pretty."
  10. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I didn't take that as bashing at all. Honestly, I don't think appearance should be something a bassist should be looking for really. If you want a "cool" looking bass, get a B.C. Rich. If you want one that sounds good, you have your picks. :)
  11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    so are you planning in putting those lights on cheap bass? they will end costing more than the bass itself... if you really have a high end bass that goes with the lights... now that would be a good idea.

Entwistle´s signature bass (the Buzzard) also has the option for red lights)... now there´s a good idol :D
  12. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

I don't think it could've been put better. I didn't want to bash limp bizkit, although I've done quite a bit of that... :)
  13. martin sims

martin sims

Apr 17, 2001
    Hi Martin Sims here. We did the L.E.Ds for Sam. We did the job for Warwick direct. Our list prices start at around $300.00 bucks.

Any questions please ask.
  14. Martin, welcome to TalkBass! We hope that you will pop in here a bunch more. We really enjoy having folks that are deeply involved in the sport. There's nothing like discussions about stuff when the guys that made the stuff are contributing!!

15. martin sims

martin sims

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm always interested in how people are thinking. Somtimes when you're immersed in this as a business you can lose touch with whats going on out there in the BIG WILD WORLD OF BASS.
    Friendly, candid comments can help keep (us who are in the business) our feet on the ground.
    Please feel free to ask any questions you have. (Business or not.)
  16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    this is cool!
    just like Dave Pushic Custom Basses...
    you may gain some customers (but just don´t spam)
  17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    ohhh you are in the UK!! :(

how much is the delivery of a neck from north america?

i checked the prices, i liked the one with 9 leds on front face and the option of installing it myself for a %40 discount...

your site is pretty cool!
  18. nubassplayer

Mar 26, 2001
    I have a question for you Mr. Sims. Is it possible to put the LED's anywhere on the bass? I had an interesting design in mind.
  19. martin sims

martin sims

Apr 17, 2001
    The L.E.Ds can be installed anywhere you like.

Yes we are in the UK. (I guess we all have to live somewhere.) We are in Kent, (just outside London.)

Shipping costs $49.00 Bucks each way.

I feel I must say I haven't replied to these questions to gain business, but to spread some ""light"" on the subject. Please don't consider them to be (Spam.)
  20. an American company used to do a cheap fretlighting device using a fibre-optic strip stuck to the neck with a battery and LED attached at the headstock.

any chance of SIMS offering something like this for us financially-challenged/cheapskate bassists?

I'm toying with the idea of sticking a flashing LED powered by a watch battery (a la Pink Floyd "Pulse" album) to the headstock of my bass......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.