Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm cutting my hair!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    After 4 years of long hair, I'm cutting it.

The original intention behind growing my hair out was to donate it to Locks of Love. Last week, I was interviewed by the school paper about it, and one of the questions was when am I going to cut it? Anyway, this week is homecoming week at my school, and we have different themes for each day. Tuesday is crazy hair day, so I'm getting it cut monday after school. I waltz into school with short hair, after 4 years of long hair, it'd shock everyone.

I'm definately going to miss it, but I think it's time for a change.

You can see current pics of me on my site (www.geocities.com/eric7string), and I'll be posting after pics sometime soon.

2. Wow...your a brave person my friend.

3. You gonna donate it to "Lockes of Love?" Thats what I did 5 years ago... (I had really long hair, like you wouldn't believe). Thats a great thing to do with a couple million strands of fiber that you can let go with.

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    awww you're just copying Dr. Moike!
    :)

5. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    i miss my long hair, but i look better with it short

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Could someone tell me what this Locks of Love thing is? It sounds like a probable cause.

7. Will they except dreds?:D

Cause once I'm 18, I'm getting them, and then when I get sick of them, off with the hair.

8. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    yes, dont get it all cut off, get it to shoulder length and get dreds:)

9. no man! you look like a death metal singer. keep it!

10. It's a organziation that makes wigs for Cancer Patients, who lost their hair during the chemotherpy, out of Human hair donated. You have to have it a certain lentgh in order to donate it to the it though IIRC.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Oooo, my brother had cancer when he was 11-13, so we try to help out all the cancer charities.

And about dreds, i wouldnt get them, they smell nasty if you dont wash em for a day or so, and they are hard to wash too.

12. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    That's not a good thing!

Funny thing- a Christian rock singer/songwriter just dropped off his CD for me to learn... so I don't think the death metal look will be good for me. ;)

13. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    that's just what they WANT you to think. I bet Jesus would look awesome singin death metal. ;) :eek:

14. You might get sunburn if you cut it, looks like most of you face hasn't been exposed to the sun :)

15. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Actually, I've gotten some color since then. Those pics are from January, and I've been working outside all summer.

16. Well you had it for a good reason, are you going to donate it? If you do, then reason well kept. I have long hair and I'm never going to cut if off.

17. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    It's gone... all I can say is... wow. :)

18. Pics!

19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, eric. i expect to see some after pics :) and what about a review already? (taps foot) you've had the cd now for a while, right?

20. I was just talkin to Eric on AIM...he said he will try and have pics by tomorrow ;) And JT...I'm sure he is listening to it loads of times to make sure he gives you a thorough and accurate review, don't sweat it man :D ~ Tyler