Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm desperate, need help * Marshall DBS7200/72115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amukinado, Nov 1, 2004.

1. amukinado

amukinado

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Hello... I'm repairing my bass amp, Marshall DBS 72115, and almost finished, but there is a part that i can't replace, because it only says "marshall". I nedd the electronic scheme, but it's being very hard to find, unless in marshall or authorized dealers, that will make it 200€, with something that costs 10€. Do you proviide or know where to find these schemes???
    Thank you.

:bassist: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Just wondering, how do you know that you need to replace that part, if you don't have a schematic? What part is it, the power transformer?

3. Hello,
    I just finish to repair a DBS72115, it's a good combo and the electronic is good quality.

I think you would replaced the "Marshall" transistor TIP36HV ? In fact the equivalent is TIP36E (140v of VCE0) or better TIP36F (160v of VCE0).
    HV = High Voltage.

It's the same thing, but Marshall prefer to sell directly with more cost... business is business :D

T64 are the equivalent of BDV64, les T65 are BDV65

You can find all the schematic here...
    HTML:
    http://www.drtube.com/marshall.htm
    Before check the amplifier, check the preamplifier...

Marshall amps are an commun fault with jacks connector. Just make a simple test with a instrument cable between effect send and return. I use another préamp to bypass all the marshall preamp of the DBS, it's very simple, juste connect the output of another préamp ( i use Ashdown only :D ) to effect return. It's a simple test to know if the problem is the préamp or the amplifier...

What's the fault of your combo ?

;)