I'm don't usually believe in hype - but I got a JV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimfriar, Jan 13, 2005.

1. P - bass the other day-the '62 RI in white - neck dates to '83. I am lovin' this bass. It is the first JV I have ever played - and I don't know if it is just a good one - but I love playing it. It's all stock - and sounds great . Anyone else have one ?
  2. frigo

frigo burn in hell!

Dec 8, 2003
    i got a '51 reissue jv dated 1984. it has a great neck and feel, it has "that" tone and i am quite happy with it. Not a bass i would let go for now.
  3. gareth

Jun 9, 2002
    Yep - they are nice basses - i've got two 62 precision JV's, one 15xxxand the other 30xxx.

They are'nt as nice nor do they sound as good as the earlu US vinateg reissues made about same time 1982-1984 as they don't have a nitro body nor the vintage type pups.

4. oyvind2305

Dec 3, 2004
    I got a 83 JV Jazzbass..Put in Fender CS 60`s J pickups in it and love it every day.. Black with tortoise.

5. rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    I have 82 JV - all stock, killer tone & feel, but I'm selling it to finance other toys.

Hey oyvind2305, how do CS60 sound compared to the stock ones? Is it more growl and punch, or mellow thump? Aslo which are darker?