Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

im finally getting a bass!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by whatUstaringAT, Jan 2, 2004.

1. whatUstaringAT

whatUstaringAT Guest

Dec 25, 2003
    texas. crazy texas.
    yay too all! i am finnally getting a bass guitar! Now i will have a bass, a guitar, and a bass guitar.

while i am partying about my new bass, a question pops into my head. it walks around, admires the veiw and spacious interior, then makes me worried. where can i get a bass. the strait music store is pretty near. is that a good place?

o, and another thing, how big can amps get? i want to get the biggest one possible. that i can afford.

um, okay bye!

:bassist:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Amps can get very large, how much money do you have?

How much money do you want to spend on the bass itself, and then on the amp?

Would you consider buying used?

3. whatUstaringAT

whatUstaringAT Guest

Dec 25, 2003
    texas. crazy texas.
    um, i have about 300-400 bucks to spend on this. my band may also give me money if i needed it, or i could start a lemonade stand. yeah, i would by used!

um, ok bye!
    :bassist:

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    For $400 i would definitely recomend ebay. You can get a Fender Standard Precision bass (P bass) on ebay for 200-250, and then you can use the leftover $150 ish to get an amp. With that money you could probably get a 30-60 watt amp.

5. whatUstaringAT

whatUstaringAT Guest

Dec 25, 2003
    texas. crazy texas.
    yeah, ok, I'll look at ebay but last time they had nothing. at all. bass-wise.

6. whatUstaringAT

whatUstaringAT Guest

Dec 25, 2003
    texas. crazy texas.
    omg, i just found the exact bass i wanted on ebay and m buying it. sweet

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Um, ebay having no basses? You sure you typed in "bass guitar" and not "bass guitarS" but ebay has loads of bass guitars so i find that doubtful. And yes, wat bass is it?

8. whatUstaringAT

whatUstaringAT Guest

Dec 25, 2003
    texas. crazy texas.
    yeah, i probably typend in something stupid instead of bass guitar. i do that alot. anyway, the bass was a titan four string fretted, and i didn't get it. they out bid me or i ran out of time or something like that. but, there are more fish in the sea.

9. whatUstaringAT

whatUstaringAT Guest

Dec 25, 2003
    texas. crazy texas.
    i think i mght get one of those...hmmmmmm.....

10. Best I can think of are SX basses from Rondo Music and a small combo amp for $400. I started out on a Squier starter pack, did a decent job for the "learning" process.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What was it about the titan that you liked? I mean, i dont think they are very good, so i dont want you to jump to getting a bass too quickly.

12. indeed... there's more to a bass than
    looks, take the time and research on the particular bass you are thinking of (ie, looking at user reviews on this site as well as the user reviews section at http://www.harmonycentral.com/ which has a bigger library of reviews), and there's much more to amplification than size. I'd say minimum of 30 watts for quiet jams and atleast a 10" speaker. Ideally a 12" if you can afford. The bigger the speaker, the more power you need, which can start getting expensive. My advice. Get the cheapest SX at rondo, youll have 300 bucks to get a moderately loud amp. The cheap SX basses will be a lot better quality than a Squier bass I'm sure which is a bit more pricier.

Don't know what to say. What kind of band?

13. whatUstaringAT

whatUstaringAT Guest

Dec 25, 2003
    texas. crazy texas.
    i dunno, it was cheap, the design i wanted, and i dont want to get a really good one first, caus someones going to break it soon enoguh.

14. whatUstaringAT

whatUstaringAT Guest

Dec 25, 2003
    texas. crazy texas.

crazy band.

15. Lemonade stand may not be a bad idea. Cold, yet makes you thirsty more. You can be rich !

16. whatUstaringAT

whatUstaringAT Guest

Dec 25, 2003
    texas. crazy texas.
    yeah, but last time i started one, the lil punk fourth graders trashed t. they spit in the pitcher!!!!

17. heh, how old are you?

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think hes 16.