1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm flat broke, but I won't sell any of my basses!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Spinal Tapper, Oct 13, 2009.

1. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I wonder if there's much money in actually making cabbage.

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    or maybe

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I never said I bought all my equipment.:p I got Tbird, 71 P, and guitars from my dad when he passed away last November. Got my Ric from my Uncle, and got the my 62 RI as a gift last year from my folks when they were visiting. Bought the rest of my gear used or traded for it, some of it here on TB, with the possible exception of my 82 P which my dad paid about half of the $400 price tag when I picked up bass.

I don't own a TV or my own computer. I own an old pickup truck with far too many miles on it. I worked roughly 60 hours last week (2 jobs at $10 an hour off the books, and 20 hours making 28.50 welding off the books) and before that I was working for a masonry company doing sidewalks, driveways, etc at about $25 an hour. I currently owe both my sister and my bank money, which is why I'm crashing on my ex's couch. I wanna pay both of those off (which totals to about $4500 all told) which I should be done with in another 2 months, and then I wanna save up about 6 months worth of rent before getting another place.

When I rented a house (2 bedroom) it cost me about $1650 + utilities on Staten Island (not actually Manhattan) I used to throw rent parties for money. FWIW I haven't gotten money from my parents since I was 17 and moved out to NY. There's always money to be made if you're creative enough to make it.:)

/bio of the last 6 months of my life.:p

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Awesome, but since you aren't the OP, we weren't talking to you.

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    :scowl: