i'm g.a.s ed out....i'm done

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by plexibass, Oct 26, 2005.

1. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i'm done. i have just acquired my last bass. i collect dan armstrong basses. i now am in possesion of a 1970 fretless lucite. that was the last one i needed. i have a 1969 lucite, 1970 reissue[smoked plexi], a 1972 dan armstrong london fretless, and now my fretless lucite. i feel very strange. it's like my journey has finally ended. there is nothing else i want or need. i am selling my hofner, my peavey foundations, my guitars [sorry about saying the "g" word"], my marshalls, everything i dont need anymore. i'm happy but at the same time i'm melencoly[sp]. anyone else ever gone through this? it's almost like depression and total elation at the same time. as soon as i get all the work done on the bass i need done i'll post a picture. :hyper: :crying: :bassist: :confused:
  2. Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Fear not! The GAS will return and restore enthusiastic longing into that void in your heart.
  3. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i MIGHT keep the hofner. man i need to go lie down now.....or i need to start drinking again. my nerves are shot. i am a wreck
  4. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    although now i understand why so many musicians end up in therapy.....i'm not but.......
  5. I'm sure it's been a long, hard road, and I'm happy for your arrival, but it's only a pit stop on the road to GAS nervana.

Don't know when, but it will eventually hit hard again and you'll be back on the trail!

Rest now, grasshopper; the journey begins soon...
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Bah. I've thought that immediately before and after every equipment purchase I've made. "Once I get this," I would say to myself, "That will be it! I'll have the perfect rig. No need for anything else."

Yeah, that doesn't happen. A few weeks, sometimes days :eek:, go by and you'll get the hankerin' for something else.
  7. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Didn't I just see a '69 Dan Armstrong on eBay that was signed by Paul McCartney? I think it had a $500 buy-it-now. Just kidding!! See, even when you think GAS has passed, it can always return....
  8. That's why you need to stop saying that to yourself. You only say that to your WIFE! :D
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Ha! She's not my wife yet! And even when she is, I'll tell her, by gum... "Now, you listen here, woman. I'ma go out and buy all the basses and crap that I want, and you're going to like it!"

But I have a speech impediment, so it will likely come out as, "Yes, dear."
  10. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Mind if I make that my sig?

Edit: Never Mind. more than 200 chars. Dang.
  11. narcopolo

Sep 12, 2005
    richmond, va
    sounds like you have reached bass zen!
  12. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I'll send you the necessary forms for royalties, but otherwise, it's fine. ;)
  13. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, for Dan A's, eh? I fell in love with the first one I played, a '70 Plexi fretted, and wanted one ever since. Too heavy, but it sounded phenominally.

Don't you need an Armstrong plexi guitar to complete the collection?

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Keep the Hofner when the GAS comes back to buy another you might not be to happy with the prices! All the best with your newely formed family :bassist:
  15. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I always try and say that to myself too...but just when I'm happy and content with my collection, I waltz into a store just to kill some time and fall in love with something.
  16. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005

peabody........that was just mean.......funny but mean........ebay will be my biggest downfall.
  17. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    superduck for president. :hyper:
  18. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    Don't you need an Armstrong plexi guitar to complete the collection?[/QUOTE]

yes but unfortunatley i cant play guitar, bass only. the guits i have were for friends to use.
  19. Luckly, Im just right here for now:

I'm sure it'll go up in a month or two.
  20. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Exactly right. Right after I purchase or order a new bass, I feel all the GAS fade, which is truly an odd feeling, considering that it is ever-present otherwise. If the bass is to be shipped, I feel another wave of gas-less-ness when it arrives at my house.

Lo and behold, a couple of days bass, and I catch myself thinking, 'Y'know, I think I need to get me a ____'