1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm getting a bang-for-buck rig.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I got into a band that my TNT won't hack anymore... Whooray for covers and drunk chicks at weddings.

Anyways.

I'm going to be getting the kustom groovebass 1200.... and avatar speakers.

I just can't decide if i want the 4x10, or the 2x12.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    2x12, works for me.

4. thestevo

thestevo

Aug 12, 2004
    NJ
    Either cab would work nicely. I run my Kustom through a Avatar B212 and it sounds great. I would say get the 212 and you could always add a 210 on top. That's what I plan on doing...eventually.

5. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
  6. 212.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    it's only ~10lbs heavier than my Classic 400 tube head :smug:

plus I'm already carting 140lbs of Schroeders... it'll actually be down sizing :D

8. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Oh, to be young again...*sigh*

How is Toms River? I did a bunch of construction work up there about a million years ago. It was nice back then.

You ain't one of them there stump jumpers are ya?:D

9. With the Avatars.....I have a 212 Delta LF and a 210 stack. They sound good together, fairly loud.

BUT....I have an Avatar 410 NEO too, and it kicks both their butts. 65lbs. About $400 shipped.

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Stump Jumpers? that's a new one by me. Nice weather is coming so the traffic is picking up :-/ otherwise it's the same... pretty nice area if'n you like the sand and the sea summer time with a little snow in the winter. I'm from NorthWest Jersey... but 14 years of living in ocean county and 8 as a home owner, I'm not a Benny anymore.

and I wish I was young.... 2 shy of 40 this year :meh:

11. Please elaborate! I've been considering one (perhaps 2) of these as well as a Groove Bass head for a decent budget rig. What exactly is it about the cab that kicks the others butts?

12. Ohhhh man. I have the cash, I have the GAS, that 412 is calling my name! But alas....I live in Canada, and shipping would be eleventy-seven hundred dollars.

13. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA

+1....I have a Kustom thru a 2x10 and 2x12. Lots of punch from the 10's and thunder from the 12's. Also, I now have 3 different rig configurations with different tonal qualities for different venues.

It looks killer, too. Visiting bassist's to our church can't help but notice my 6 foot rig as soon as they walk in.....and I know what they're thinking......:D

You ARE getting your cab in 4 ohm variety......right?