Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Im getting a Rogue Bass for my Birthday, please tell me if this is a good starter bas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flying Panda, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Flying Panda

Flying Panda

Jan 10, 2003
    I dont know if i really wanna play seriously, my parents are getting me a rogue SX 100 for my birthday. Tell me if this is good to start on. All replies would be appriciated. Flying Panda out!

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Um sure, it's good to start on, but i would look at "Essex" first. Very good bass, very little money. i know ALMOST everyone on talkbass swears by them. go to Rondoguitars (i forget the link) and check out the essex line of bass guitars. much better than a rouge, but ANY bass is better than no bass, just GET A BASS.... i don't care WHAT the heck it is! and WELCOME TO THE BASS PLAYING WORLD! It's a fun thing friend.....

3. Flying Panda

Flying Panda

Jan 10, 2003
    Yeah ive heard about these and my birthday is in 8 days so thanks

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i think you'll find that there are people here who have lots of big money basses who also have and enjoy essexes.

the same cant be said for rogues.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    A pickup is a set of or one magnet(s) that help to reproduce the sound of your bass. the most common kind are "j" style, these are the strait kind, with "pole's" or circler metal exposed pieces, and the "P" style, which looks like two pickups, one on top of the other. there are alot of diffrent kinds, do a search under the word "Pickups" you'll find more info there. it all depends on what kind of sound you want.

6. I LOVE Rogue!

7. I love Rogue too!

[​IMG]

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    dude, why? :confused:

9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I was wondering how many posts it was going to take for this photo to turn up.

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hubba-hubba!!!!

Mutant babes rule!!!

:D

11. meh. the comic book rogue is hotter.

12. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    "I concur! But then, what do these cretins know?"

Sincerely,
    Comic Book Guy
    [​IMG]