Im getting fought over

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by greenbassfreak, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Ok, so I broke up with my girlfriend a few weeks ago and started going out with a guy and this other guy really likes me and is really upset Im going out with him. So now they both hate each other and want to kill each other. Every time I get one calmed down the other wants to fight but now they both want to fight and its making me get really upset because their both good friends. In the fight I know who will win and what will happen so I dont want them to fight.

Does anyone have an Idea to get them to calm down and not want to fight?
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Call Jerry Springer?
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've never been fought over, I don't think there is much you can do really aside from making your intentions clear to both people.
  4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I find that a judicious use of commas helps calm people down. :smug:

Seriously, if two people are fighting over you, they probably don't have your best interests in mind. A little friendly competition is fine; fighting is not. If they both know that you don't want them fighting, and they persist, then they don't really care too much about you to begin with. Drop them both.
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    am I reading the braeaking up with a girl, then dating a guy situation right? I am korn-fused...
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey....can I come up to T-town and fight over you too??? :D

Are you good looking?

7. LoL to answer questions im bi so I like girls and guys and the other question I dont know if im good looking but there must be somethin people like about me because I get asked out at least once a week even thought I rarely say yes so I have no idea cause I dont even like me.
  8. Hear hear.

9. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

My advice would be to forget about all of that stuff, and concentrate on your homework. Seriously.
  10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I second that.
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
  12. Well, if you don't want them to fight then your only choice is to tell them they're both morons and that you don't want either. I don't see how you can possibly stop them from fighting and also stay in a relationship with only one of them.

Can I just suggest that you should perhaps look into not categorising yourself into bisexually at age 14. I don't mean to be discriminatory or patronising because I personally have no issues with how you choose to express yourself or your sexuality. Others aren't quite so accepting. I certainly am not one to tell you not to experiment (to an extent) because you are young. But I know of both guys and girls that have claimed to be bi at a similar age to you, acted accordingly and still can't shake that particular image 6 years later. As I said, there is nothing wrong with trying a few things but I'd just refrain from labelling yourself because once its there, it won't budge...even with WD-40!

13. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Good post. I second that. I know you (greenbassfreak) were just trying to clarify some confusion in here, but this advice extends outside of the forum. Labels are not cool. I have some friends that went through that "I think I'm bi..." thing. Some are still bi, some are completely straight. While I know it's accepted more these days, especially for a girl, it's still not a label you want to carry around.

As for the two guys... Dude, they're tools. Competition over a member of the opposite sex is cool, but if they're good friends, this shouldn't be happening. They should be mature enough to talk this through, rather than try to be macho. No one has to be the alpha bull. I don't mean for any offense, but there are plenty of girls out there for them. Do you like both of them? Or just one, and the other is jealous? If you want to be with either of them, stay with one and tell the other to deal.

My .02
  14. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I would've said it, but I was trying to keep my post serious. :p :D :p
  15. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Recommended reading:

Eric Berne - Games people play
  16. Just let them brawl, and go out with the one who wins, the alpha male. He could protect you better than the other girlie man when a drunk mugger comes up to you...
  17. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I second the Jerry Springer suggestion.
  18. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Have them fight, Spock vs. Kirk style. (cue the cheesy Star Trek fight music :D )