Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm getting my new Trace Elliot tonihgt!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Comakazi, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Comakazi

Comakazi

May 3, 2001
    Midwest US
    Well, it's new to me! I'm picking up a early/mid nineties Trace V-type! Thanks to CS and others for their advice and knowledge about these amps -- I decided to get it. And the cool thing is that this is supposed to be the amp that Pat Dalheimer used in recording Live's album "Throwing Copper".
    Now whether it really is or not I don't know. The guy told me the story and it is definitely possible and it's not affecting the price, so hey! Who cares, if it is cool, if not oh well, I still got a nice amp.
    Just thought I'd share!

2. i've always wondered what trace's sound like...

3. I'm about to find out what they sound like too...I just bought a TE Commando 10 which should arrive either today or tomorrow.

4. Comakazi

Comakazi

May 3, 2001
    Midwest US
    Ok, I got it...man, the thing is BAD!
    I can pretty much say I'm a tube convert. I've been SS for years but after some time with this amp I'm reconsidering my position!

It's so warm, the tone is seriously killer! It is heavy but the sound is so great (IMO). I don't know, the thing is cool and I'm hyped about it.

Yea tubes!

5. i hate the fact that no one in my area sells them...:mad:

6. phil_chew

phil_chew

Mar 22, 2000
    Asia
    I hate to douse your enthusiam but there is a big difference between TE's higher range and lower range amps. The Commando series is OK but nowhere near the quality of the GP, AH or V series.

But to each his own.

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The V4 is an excellent amp, enjoy (biased opinion and glad to be of assistance).

8. Oh I know that...I meant TE's in general...and I got it today and it sounds pretty good.

It's my first amp so I now have one foot on the amp-property ladder!