1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm giving away my (near brand-new) LaBella 0760M (James Jamerson) set. Intersted?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Nimzowitsch, May 20, 2020.

1. Nimzowitsch

Nimzowitsch

May 6, 2020
    Hi all,

Shortly after I purchased my bass (picked up bass playing after a 10 year break) I decided to "nail" the ever-elusive Jamerson tone and bought me a brand new set of LaBella Jamerson:

La Bella Bass Saitenset 0760M

20 minutes into playing the new strings I realised that they are just too thick and hard for me to play. Initially, I figured I would persevere through the pain and fretting hand fatigue, and with time my hand would get used to it.

However, after reading the LaBella 760FL appreciation thread here on TB, I decided to give those a try and loved them (had them installed today in fact!).

The Jamerson set were used in total for 9 days with moderate playing (between 60-90 minutes a day), just doing groove exercises and practicing my arpeggios.

I was gonna sell them, but this community has been nothing but great and supportive to me in the 3 weeks that I have been a member, and I figured I'll pay it forward and give them away to someone who wants them, but is not necessarily able to just splash EUR50 on a new set of strings.

I am based in Vienna, Austria and will ship anywhere within the EU.

Anyone interested?

e-flat, Abner, Mili and 3 others like this.
  2. Very cool idea! I'm definitely interested but I'm here in the USA; I hope someone from the EU speaks up and grabs them! Cool of you to pass those on.

3. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    EARTH
    Yes but I live in wrong continent.:)

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  4. DrThumpenstein

DrThumpenstein Living for the groove Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Good going, love your thoughtfulness and generosity.

I'd be on it. I love the 760 FLs, they're on my #1. But always wanted to check out the Jamerson set. (Probably won't set my action as high as Jamerson though!)

Alas, another Yank here though, so I'll just wish you well on finding them a new home.

5. underwhelmist

underwhelmist

Nov 16, 2018
    UK
    I’m in the EU but I don’t need ‘em. I just wanted to say what a great thing to do. Kudos.

Edit...just realised I’m not actually in the EU any more thanks to the other 52% of the population

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021