Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm giving my first lesson ever in one hour.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    This is scary...

I'm doing it for my community service for gov't class...

Its so nerve racking.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    speaking of which....

if someone could direct me to some FREE mp3's of a samba drum beat, a funk beat, and a jazz beat.... that would be great.

i just need 3 minutes of each.

3. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I shall offer you my respect and admiration for what you are about to do (actually, by the time you read this, you've already done it...). I admit that I am most definitely NOT a teacher. I just do not have that type of personality. I have had dear friends ask if I could show their child a few things on... guitar, bass, piano... I politely decline, and I explain to them that they would not want me to. I am one of those that, if you can't get it the first time I show you, then I'm going to rapidly lose patience with you. I know this is a flaw; I've tried to correct it, but I just can't seem to control my frustration level... I'm 53, so it's probably too late anyway. My business partner realizes and accepts this trait of mine; therefore, it is mutually agreed that I don't do much training around here... :rolleyes:

Good luck, man!