I'm giving up (jaco the early years)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Yvon, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    The album was suposed to be out the 1st of march, and it's still not out. We've been waiting for this album for the last 2 years!
    and it's still not here.
    I'm giving up.
  2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    2 years? i think this thing was supposed to come out around the time they did the jaco cover in bassplayer in 97. i gave up looking forward to it a few years ago. unless reviews say its reaaalllllyyy good i doubt ill buy it.
  3. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Hit www.jacotheearlyyears.com
    That's Bobbing's site; leave your e-mail address & be (ever)patient! ;)
    BTW, there's a review there by someone who was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy.
    Next month's JazzTimes is supposed to have a Jaco cover + major story...the set has almost gotta be released to coincide with that, I would think(?).
    Meanwhile, if you're dying to spend yer money on some 'new' music...lemme know(I think I bought, LITERALLY, 10 discs last week).
    (Here's a suggestion: Betty Davis' debut album has been re-issued on cd. Davis is one of Miles' ex-wives. Imagine Janis Joplin in a Funk-Rock environment. Oh yeah, Larry Graham & Gregg Errico of Family Stone fame are in the rhythm section on this album. Check out www.dustygrooves.com).