Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Im goin' mobile

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassheavy, Jul 29, 2001.

1. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

kids don't try this at home

i went to SH*tar Center today and bought a lil' smokey amp. Since i was on my way to rockin, i had me recently acquired Steinberger XP in my truck.

I pulled out the steinie ,plugged it into the smokey, and aided by the headless design and tiny body of the XP i was able to rock out behinbd the wheel. It was killer at stoplights. i could put on the classic rock station and jam out.

the only thing is it kinda looks like im driving around brandishing a shotgun. that could present itself as a problem down the line

(the smokey isn't really made for bass, you get a def. distorted growl)

2. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    I literaly laughed out loud at this. Just the mental image of people watching Bassheavy rocking at at stoplights, thinking he's about to bust "that there shotgun he's holding" out...

Ohh man...to many narcotics....

4. are you serious? in my experience, those sound like crap with basses. i doubt it'll last very long.

GREAT for guitars, though, i definitely recommend smokeys for that.

5. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

yeah it is super over-driven for sure, but if you play slow and deliberatlely, it gets a killer tone. Almost like an FM Modulation effect.

I think i might have to stop doing this. My friend told me today that it really looks like im holding a gun....