Im goin racoon huntin

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by charles21o7, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Theres this bastard racoon that keeps gettin in my trash every night . So tonight I set a trap for him.... Cat Food, works every time. Im armed with only a rusted Pellet gun , but im gonna kill that little bastard. Any one else got critter problems???
  2. What would work better is keep on putting gross crap in your garbage, and maybe some apples, or a honey baked ham, in your neighbors. :D
  3. My neighbors are these little bity old folks, Id be scared the coon would eat them.
  4. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    FWIW the word "coon" is considered to be an extremely insulting racial slur in Australia...pretty much the Aussie version of "N****r".
  5. looks like charlie made a boo boo.

change it, its bad. :mad: :spit: :cool: :oops: :meh: :hyper: :help: :crying: :smug: ;) :) :p :rolleyes: :D :confused: :bawl: :eyebrow: :( :eek: :scowl: :bag: :ninja:
  6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    A pellet gun won't kill a racoon, just wound it... That's cruelty to animals in my book and I like animals better than most people, so don't make me look you up. Instead of more violent means, I would recommend using catfood laced with some NyQuil to tranquilize it and then take it to the SPCA or release someplace very far away from a cage. They make traps for catch and realease too. Killing it is a little harsh if you ask me. :scowl:
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Context, Mark... context...
  8. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    You may also want to try a sturdier garbage can that is harder for him to get into. That would make him move on as well. :hyper:
  9. My apologies if any one is offended , Im not from Australia and there for dont know what is offensive there, I am really terribly sorry. And I shot at the damn thing and all it did was hiss at me, little bastard, i got him like 5 or 6 times, but he wasnt phased.
  10. I didn't read that.

On the topic: They are old, put ham in their trash. or better yet give them LOTS of ham, they are too old to eat it all before it goes bad and will have to throw it away! A perfect crime :)

:eyebrow: Oh yeah, it isn't the old people you want to get rid of...
  11. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Its an international forum Mike and when you see a title like "im going coon hunting" it raises your eyebrows.

BTW Im not offended by it, I was just bringing it to the attention of the original poster. Funnily enough we have a brand of cheese in Australia called "Coon" which won a court case allowing it to continue to use the brand name even though it is a racial slur (the founder of the company was Henry Coon).
  12. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Judging by that post, I think you're starting to get a little age yourself.
  13. I have a PM that has "Happy time flies" as the title :D
  14. but if you're doing the ham thing, make sure its honey baked, as i previously said. Racoons LOVE honey baked ham. Oh, and rub it with butter and sprinkle it with sugar and sprinkles. And take whipped cream and stuff the nozzle into the butt and squirt a bunch into it.

Oh, and take pictures of the ham. :D
  15. Coon is also a racial slur in America, but not as common as the N word. Not to stereotype, but I am surprised Charles didn't know this, seeing as how it says he lives in Mississippi.
  16. Listen to Thinking of you, she knows her stuff :cool:

And please post the pictures, it will help us tell if you did it right :)

17. Well I live on the coast where there is not a whole lot of racism, Ive lived here most of my life.
  18. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Delete it... I say we will all be better people if we can forget this thread never existed. :meh: The racoon isn't really threatening you/your family so personally, I wouldn't kill it but that's just me. And next time you plan on shooting a racoon, use a .22 or a shotgun... Something that will actually kill it quickly.
  19. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I got all excited. I was ready to get the dogs and big flashlights out!

20. haha, I went camping once and we were supposed to bring our own food and some girl bought a whole honey baked ham in a huge cooler.

I couldn't stop lauhging all trip.

I brough some clothes, a guitar, shampoo, conditoner, my hair dye stuff, and 2 MRE's.

It was for like, 2 days. No-one needs a whole ham. :D :D :D :D