Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Mar 8, 2003.

1. :D :D :D :D

I got a good progress report, I"M GOIN TO CRIMSON!!! *does a dance* hopefully i'll meet ImNotGeddyLee, and mikestack there... now if you excuse me, i have to take my stick lessons... :D
  2. CRIMSON????

I read it as PRISON :D

What is CRIMSON?... other than the colour of your face when you hit a bum note?
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Lucky boy! I had a first section pass to the Crim/JPJ show last winter (courtesy of Hugh Manson!) and really enjoyed Crim. I would go again in a heartbeat!
  4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    king crimson is a band (some might call them progressive rock). they have been around since the sixties, in various incarnations. tool site them as a major influence, and they even went on tour together in early 2002. the first "bass-player" that they had, as i understand it, played the <a href=http://www.stick.com/>chapman stick</a>, not the bass, and now i think they have a guy who plays warr guitar rather than bass. but i could be very wrong.
  5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Cool, I want to go to the show here on the 20th. I was about 4th row for the JPJ/Crimson show back in 2000. The String Cheese Incident will be opening for them here on the 20th, should be pretty interesting.
  6. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    My friend called me at work on Thursday(the 6th) and told me he had an extra ticket for the NYC show. Unfortunately, I was AT WORK!!!so I couldn't very well call in now could I!? Bummer... I do miss Tony Levin playing with KC, and for that matter...I REALLY miss John Wetton.
  7. Good! And don't come back!!!

Enjoy the show. :)
  8. i was gonna go see them today in boston...grrr...:)

9. Hey! i'm the primary source of groove and rumble on this side of the Newport Bridge! ;)

10. Picked up a copy of the "Providence Phoenix" (if you haven't heard of it, don't feel bad) and there was something like 8 "Bassist Wanted" ads. Of course...one of them they were looking for someone 35-50, and the other you had to be a discharged Marine. Aside from that, there were actually some pretty neat gigs. (none I'd want though.)
  11. Will, YOU can probably get into those gigs if they're at bars... I don't think that any band with adults would want a 13 year old bassist...
  12. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    WIth due respect to Levin, I don't. Trey Gunn is frickin' incredible.