Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

im going rack, help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Dec 4, 2004.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ok everyone, ive decided to go with a rack setup. after staring at chris chaney's rack for about 3 hours i thought what the heck. however, i need help in some issues of this set up. ive got plenty of money to spend so im not to worried about all that. but there are a few questions i need answered. it might help to know that the rack/floor unit ill be getting is the digital music gcx/ground control system. ill have 8 effects pedals in the loops, a rack rider, rack tuner, and a preamp. on the floor im running a whammy and a tuner/mute.

1. how does the GCX run with the amp? does it plug in or plug out or what?

2. 4 of my pedals need to go through both the fx loop of my amp and the loops on the GCX rack unit. how do i pull this off?

3. what is the deal with the midi stuff on the ground control? that by far is the most confusing thing ive ever read in my life.

4. the preamp ill have is the ashdown labs preamp. how do i run that in this mess of everything? do i go through the loop on my amp and then loop the pedals through teh fx loop of that?

5. what size cables should i get for the connections from teh pedal to GCX and back? 8 inch should work, i think.

thats it for now. god help me. thanks yall.