Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm Going to EMP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Dec 29, 2000.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I got year passes to Experience Music Project for x-mas and i'm going tomorrow, yea! How many of you have been there?

2. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    You will enjoy it immensely. If you're going early in the day, go to the Sound Lab first off. Lot's of fun toys to play with but it gets crowded quickly. All the exhibits are very cool. Plan on being there for at least 5 hours.

Have fun,

Bones

3. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I was also going to check out the area with all of the vintage guitars and basses. (Maybe deep pockets will help me get a pre-cbs, hehe).

4. cool place, i have been there too. and alembicbones is right, get to the sound lab early. gets pretty busy in there

5. Why go to the soundlab when you can just go to GC?
    ;)

I LOVED the EMP! Make sure to do the Funk Machine...it had a life changing effect on my playing. Just be sure to have eaten an hour or more beforehand or do it before you eat, otherwise you'll pitch!

The Jimi Hendrix area was a religious experience...worth the price of admission alone. When you see it, and you can almost touch the white "Woodstock" Strat (Jimi's baby), you'll see what I mean. Take your camera!!!!

I can't wait to go again.

6. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Where is this magical place?

7. Seattle Washington, right?

8. Seattle, WA....a mere 26 miles from me :D The EMP is downtown in the Seattle Center. Here is a link to the EMP's site: http://www.emplive.com/

I LOVE that place. Hell, I'm gonna go on Tuesday and take my wife with me :D Then, I'll go again with my friend Steve for the second time later this month. It simply rules, and using the word 'magical' to describe it, ESPECIALLY if you are a rock musician, is spot-on.

9. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i heard a story about a person who tried to touch noel redding's bass. There is some sort of sheet of laser that sounds off an alarm when it is crossed. Then, two big guys named bo and tonay' will be standing next to you.

10. That's why I say 'almost'! :D There IS that type or similar type of protection in place...I set one off there at a different exhibit just by leaning in for a closer view! Kind of embarrassing, but you don't get hauled off ;)