Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm going to see U2!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Jun 21, 2005.

1. I got a ticket to go see U2 live in concert November 19th in Atlanta, GA!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!! U2 is my favorite band of all TIME! I was not able to get any tickets through ticket master. So I resulted to Ebay the past few days. And I got a ticket! I CANNOT WAIT!

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Congrats... how much did that set you back. ;)

3. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Nice man, I just saw them last month at Continental Airlines Arena out in Jersey. Sick, sick show, great setlist, cept they didnt play New Years day, I'm still crying over that one :bawl: Other than that I couldnt have asked for it to be any better.

4. $120. The seller said the tickets were originally $109. So not too bad if you ask me.

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    yeah but remeber its 109 + fees

i personally dont like new u2 stuff... oldies where pretty good:/

6. Dont litter.......Bono will jump off of that stage and put an Irish beatin on your candy ass :D :D

Have fun !

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    There's something wrong when buying a band's 20+ year discography costs less than seeing them live.

8. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    U2 live though is far superior to U2 in the studio. I don't know why they don't release a ton more live material on disc (or itunes or whatever).

9. Hehe, everyone here is going mad for tickets for the Dublin shows this weekend, they're selling them for thousands in the street, it's great fun. Have fun! I can't stand U2, but each to their own!

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I thought $28 was alot when Motley Crue put on the huge stadium tours in the late 80's. Lesser bands would charge around $18-20. When the Crue raised the bar to $28, we thought it was the end of the world. I still have my ticket stub from the Monster of Rock show in the Kingdome in Seattle that featured Metallica, Guns and Roses, and Motorhead.....$18.50 for general admission.

I don't think I would ever pay more than $50 to see any concert.

-Mike

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Nice , enjoy. I saw them a month after 9/11 at Maddison Square Garden, very intense show.

12. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

anyone wanna see U2 in montrwal,. i got 4 tickets available. sorry im fdrunk. just got back from dproim, drank my ass aoff. i waited in line for so flongl. overogutb***overight.***overnight.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

This will probably be pretty funny when you see it sober.

14. Jazzin'

Nah, it was more funny when I was drunk (not that it's not funny now). I'll translate it...
    Anyone want to see U2 in Montreal? I have four tickets available. Sorry, I'm drunk. Just got back from prom, drank my ass off. I waited in line (to get the U2 tickets) for so long.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I've only type drunk once, and I laughed my ass off while doing it. I must have hit backspace 4 dozen times, and still made 4 dozen typos.

16. Jazzin'

Me tix are still available.