Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i'm gonna build my own cab!help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funeralsalvation, Jan 28, 2001.

1. funeralsalvation

funeralsalvation

Jan 28, 2001
    im thinking about building a cab.any thoughts on driver size,brand,number of drivers?4x12? 4x10? 2x10and1x18? i'd love to hear your ideas on the subject!

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Glad you posted this! I was going to post something similar because I'm looking to replace a 15" and an 18." In the 70's, I used to have cab that was called the Cerwin-Vega B-36 Earthquake (a very appropo name), that was great! Now, I'm looking to replace some rather inefficient Eminence speakers and am looking at the Cerwin-Vega Intense line. However, I'm anxious to see what else people post here besides the old JBL reco. JBL's are good but they sound kind of " well-behaved" to me.

3. funeralsalvation

funeralsalvation

Jan 28, 2001
    i found a old 4 ohm alpine sub(i think its for car audio?).it's a 12" with accordion type suround. and its rated at 400w rms/800w peak.the problem is i have no thelle-small perameters.that really poses a problem cuz' with out all that good stuff,i wont be able to construct a proper box.any ideas?