I'm gonna buy it!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BoognishMang, Jan 27, 2002.

1. After thinking about it for about almost a week, I've decided to buy an MIA hotrodded P-bass w/a jazz neck. It's black w/tortoise pickguard, rosewood fretboard, string tru body.
    A friend works at a local music store and is gonna cut me a deal on it. $800 new. It's list for like $1400. I know the price on the tag is high so the customer can think they're getting a deal. But I think $800 is a decent price. Do ya'll agree?
  2. Prefab

Dec 16, 2001
    If it has a J neck, then it isn't a HRP. But it still sounds appealing. If it is a new bass, than that is a fair price. If it's used, or some sort of frankenbass, than I would say it's about 200. too high. IMHO
  3. ...it's definitely a hotrodded. It's brand spanking new. I looked it over and there's no indication that's it not. I know it not a P-special, cuz it doesn't have the gold pickguardand it's made in the usa. I've been told that fender occasionally mix matches necks.
    No way would i play $800 for a frankenbass.
  4. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Did you measure the neck to make sure it is not 1.625" at the nut? Hot Rodded Ps all have them. The only way it would be 1.5" at the nut is if it was an after market neck.
  5. well doods...it's a jazz neck.
    unless their custom shop decided to throw a jazz neck on a hotrod and seel it so?
  6. ...just chatting with a friend, commented:
    "buy a mark hoppus bass and put your jazz neck on it, that would be cheaper."

interesting idea...?
  7. "...or try out the Schecter robert DeLeo model..all interesting P/J combos."

i had to tell to stop putting ideas in my head.
  8. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Try a G&L SB-2. They have thin necks.