I'm gonna do it,,,, the big SUPPORTING MEMBER!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PollyBass, Jan 11, 2003.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    SUPORRTING MEMBER. seeing as how the off topic mods always have to put up with my very anal disrespect. i can at least shape up, read the rules every time before i get on talk bass, and BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER. ive been debating if i should do this or not, and since no one takes a non supporting member seriously:rolleyes: I think i'll send in the money.

Hey, not to be an jerk, and i can only imagine the money it takes to run a website, but why does talkbass (Compared to other fourms) take so much money to run? i mean, ive never been on a fourm (to my knowing) that even had a supporting member "status". or asked for money. i'm not trying to say anything, i was just wondering. and we got that swr ad up there not to long ago right? Where does the money go? I just want to know.

This may be a bad time to Support, seeing as how I pretty much piss off every off topic mod there is.
    and i got a warning from paul, and i deserved it, for being an @$$. and i'll shape up now. soooo. guess it's in the mail. how long does it take? and also

DOES ANYBODY EVEN KNOW WHO I AM? I mean, like, who even remembers my name? am i just another troll? all this AND MORE, in the next installment of "PollyBass's talkbass life". SAME POLLY CHANNEL,,, SAME POLLY TIME! :rolleyes: :D
  2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well I have only been around since sep 2002 and I recognize your name for sure. So I am sure plenty of people "know" you.

As far as money goes, bandwith can be expensive. If you are serving gigs a day you are going to have bills for sure. I am not sure what paul's costs are for the site but even if he WAS making money on this site (as you seem to be implying as maybe being a possibility) its better to me than him having to pay out of his pocket. 20 bucks a year is pretty darn minor so...more power to him whatever his situation may be.

And ads don't really bring in much revenue.
  3. I'm going to become a supporting member soon too...just wish I used my other name that I like better but never post with!

Anyway, bandwidth costs a lot of money, and vbBulletin software is pretty expensive to purchase I think. Plus all the traffic on the frontpage, and the sheer number of people that lurk or don't read the forums at all--I lurked for a long time myself--and it all adds up.
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    No no, i wasent trying to say anything, heck, I wouldnt care if he made 5 grand a month off this thing, he deserves it for making it and supporting it.

And thanks for the ad thing, I had no idea how much money came from these "Ads"
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Thanks, it does add up, and the money is in the mail, and plus, i get a freaking cool AVATAR. So it's worth it,,, i just havent had any money for a while.
  6. Supporting Membership is great, people pay attention to you cuz you got one of those fancy-schmancy pictures an' stuff. An' you can call yourself whatever ya like. People call you sir, all the women want to be with you, and the men want to be you.

*drives off in his lexus*
  7. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    hey man, I know who you are... i read your posts.. this is a great site to support..

and like they told me when i ponied up the ducats "it's about time !;) "
  8. Do it, man. I just got mine today!
  9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I see less and less "non supporters" everyday, which IMO is pretty cool...
  10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool! the more the merrier.
  11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Come over to the darkside!
  12. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Hey Polly bass - I've seen ya around. Go for it! Supporting membership has it's priviledges!:D
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool, Polly. Now I can't rag on you for not supporting!:D

I don't think that you are unknown. Some of your posts make a lot of sense. And some of them rub people the wrong way.
  14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, i know this ALL to well. and thanks for the,, uh,,, "shove" to make me want to support... now i just gotta wait.....

bum dee bum bum..........

Man it's killing me.
  15. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I am going to support next paycheck. I just baught some really nice speaker cabs, so I think I am done spending for a while. With that out of the way, I can spare the $20.

I wonder if anyone knows me....:confused:
  16. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    *Spicoli from Fast Times*

"I know that dude!"
  17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I know both you dudes!

If it werent for the fact that I have 3 major gear purchases* in the things to save money for list, I would be a supporting member. Maybe its something I could ask for for my birthday.

*~1500-2000 Watt power amp
    Eden 210XST cab
    Double necked fretted 5/fretless 5 D.Huff bass:D

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Man I would have been a supporting member only there was a complication in creating a Paypal account, so It got delayed and it still hasn't happened yet :D but as soon as I get everything together I'm going to start supporting.