Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm gonna go get myself a Peavey G-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Thats right. Brand spankin new... sorta.

It has been sitting at the same shop for atleast 3 years... And I am just gonna put it on Lay-Away until I completely pay it off.

They want $599 for it, so I will have to put 10% down... So that is about $60...

I could probably manage to pay about $10-25 a week on it, so I should have it by this time next year!

It is really a sexy looking bass.

It is black with sparkles... So I guess you could call it "Glitter-Black"... Graphite Neck... 1 active soap bar pick up... it is a super sexy bass.

So in other words:

w00t.

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    w00t indeed. That's how I got my first amp, on layaway for a months at a local music store. Now my nephew uses it.

The G-Bass is a great bass, you will be happy with it, keep making the payments!

3. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Hey Mike,

If you're happy with that price, by all means get it... but you should be able to get a better discount on that bass.

First, Peavey's MSRP on the G-Bass was $799. Even the standard 30% discount would be $559. Now taking into consideration it's been sitting around for the past 3 years taking up valuable floor space... I would think you should be able to get it down under $500.

Elderly Instruments is selling a used one in mint condition for $375:
    http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/55U-2989.htm

Ivy Music has two of them (one black and one white) for $499.
    http://iveymusic.com/g_bass.htm

EDIT: Note that BOTH Elderly and Ivy include the hardshell case as well!

BTW, Here's Bass Player's review of it from a few years back... http://archive.bassplayer.com/z1998/9807/4-string/4peavey.shtml

Peace,

- Frank

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I just saw a 4-string G-Bass on eBay for $300...

5. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I've also seen one new in a store, I think in the $400-500 range. This is one of the several Peavey models that never took off, so you can often find them discounted.

6. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    These things are tiny. Good bass if you're a smaller person.

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    They were offering it to me for like $450 a year or so ago, they just won't admit it.

But they will be so stoked that someone is going to buy it, that they will probably give it to me somewhere around $450 or $500... they like me there.

8. there's a TB/michigan meeting at elderly on july3. i wonder if the g-bass will still be there?

robb.