Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm gonna open a tux shop.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    And instead of annoying cufflinks and such, the buttons are just gonna look like tux jewelery... saves all that hassle. Stupid tux shops and their inferior designs.

2. And you need a Tux WHY?

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    because formal is tonight, and i was putting the tux jewelry on the tux, i realized it was a pain in the ass.

4. is A formal the school dance or something? My school has no extra-curricular activites, so bear with me;)

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

A formal is like a prom.... just not. Its essentially a dance... just you have to dress up, and it costs $55 for tickets to go... so its like... cheap prom?

6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Cheap my @$$!!! My prom was only $50!

7. hahaha, ours are ten bucks!

8. $10 is expensive...

Geesh...

I can't do that whole dress-up dance BS stuff.

No homecoming,prom,wedding,nothing...its just not me.

9. And mine was only $15.

10. I think Mike should be limted to 2 threads a week, this is ridiculous.

11. wait until you can actually go out, turn 21. $50 is cheap for a weekend. Oh yah. A job rocks also lol.

12. haha!

13. at least in off topic...

and his "girlfriend"'s threads should count towards the two as well, considering this is like the 10th thread we've seen about "their" stupid formal...

14. haha...that'd be cool if my girlfriend stalked me on tb

wait,that'd be cool if I had a girlfriend;)

15. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    We only had a small graduation dance, but also a 2-day open-air festival organized by the graduates of four schools.

Back in 2001 they even had bands like Incubus! :cool:

http://www.abifestival.de

16. Damn dude!

that'd be cool:D

17. My Jr prom was boring. :oops: The only cool thing about it was I won a TV out of it and I got to slide around in tights and dance all night! I almost went to prom in PJs, but I already had a dress :meh: But yeah, I hope this year will be better....

18. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    My prom cost me $400, not including the after party stuff.

tickets - $100 each
    tux rental - $200 (I was in Tokyo)

19. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Well, the TICKETS were $25 a piece. My tux was about $150, and her dress cost her about $200, then she had to get shoes, her hair and nails done and all that other stupid prom crap that makes no sense.

20. My friend spent like 500 on prom. He had a free suit from his dad's wedding. Spent 100 on the limo split with friends. 100 for tickets. and 300 for "entertaining substances"(use your imagination)