I'm gunna be on the radio!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Well, not me, specifically, but I'll be bringing the G3 back to the mainstream anyway!

The RipOffs (my band) are gunna be the beatbreakers for Monday 14th Feb. *** is he talking about?

Beatscene is a radio show on Beat 106 (www.beatscene.co.uk), where the DJ, Jim Gellantly chooses an unsigned or unknown band (the beatbreakers) to play on air. So for the 14th, he's chosen to play out demo! Woot! Check out this review:

The RipOffs
    While a name like The RipOffs may suggest a lack of original ideas, this trio of young upstarts from Kirkintilloch actually have a heck of a lot to offer. As Jim says, "When I'm trawling through piles of demos each week, looking for bands with that special spark, it can sometimes be a thankless task. It's made worthwhile when I come across a band like The RipOffs. They might not be the finished article, but if the demo is anything to go by, they've bags of potential. It may be raw, but there are some brilliant tunes bursting out." As the latest Beatbreakers, you can hear a track from the band each night on the show.

Can't say IM complaining! So anyway, just thought I'd drop a hint, see if anyone wants to check us out that night, and email Jim.. ALOT.. requesting our stuff :p
  2. Is this the first time you're hearing yourself on the radio?

Cool, ain't it?

3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Mind if I put you guys on the campus radio I work for? :) check my sticky at the top of "Band Management" for more info, or e-mail me..