I'm happy today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bos_mindwarp, Jan 19, 2005.

1. I bought a used Spector NS 2000 Q4 today and a small used amp (Behringer Thunderbird) and kinda plucked and picked all day at home. Thing is, I haven't played bass in like 12 years (I'm 32) and my fingertips are sore as hell I can barely type :D

Now I do have some questions, the Spector, I liked it at the shop, it feels nice and has solid sound, but the E string feels kinda muted. I guess the strings that are on it are prolly old, so does anyone have any ideas on what strings go fine with it?

If possible could you give an example of that it sounds like with different strings, artist/song would be nice?

2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Well, can't help you with the strings, but congrats on the rig.
    The fingers and callouses will come along fast!

I don't know what the frequency response curve of the Thunderbird is, but a lot of small speakers roll off in response
    at 80 -100 hz and lower. The E string primary harmonic resonates at about 41 hz. The db loss may be significant.
    Play with your EQ or tone settings to get a little more bass boost. New strings will often sound a lot brighter, and not everyone likes that. (Though I do.)

A good guy I know who is familiar with Spectors is
    'the ombudsman'. Try PMing him, also there are a bunch more Spector lovers here.

Happy playing!