1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm heading west.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I plan on doing my part to help TB in it's diabolical plan of tipping the country over - I'm leaving to head to California today.

I'm going to be hanging out in Dallas for a couple of weeks, visiting my family and attending my little sister's wedding. After that, I'm to spend a few days in Albuquerque, visiting more family and hanging out on Indian reservations. Then it's off to San Francisco. I hope to be settled in San Francsico within the first week of October.

Follow me, Major! Last one to California is a rotten egg!

2. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    You're going to cause California to break off and sink into the Pacific!

By all means... GO FOR IT!! :)

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    uh oh. :eek:

4. That's where you belong, you freak. I say that as a compliment with much respect.:bassist:

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

Sweet. :bassist:

6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    San Francisco's a great place. It's probably where I'd be if I had more money and less commitments here.

7. Ben, drive safe, have fun.

...and I know that like myself, you will also always understand the tune "Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans"...

...I am still sad about not being there pretty much daily, but know that I will never go back to live...

:meh:

8. Georynn

Georynn

Dec 4, 2007
    Memphis,Tn
    May your journey be a pleasant one...

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I will be along soon enough sweetie. :)

10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Make it a safe trip, Ben. Hope Ike doesn't crowd the roads around Dallas too much for you.

11. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Have a good trip, Ben. Enjoy the weather- I know you know good from bad! Let me know when you get settled.

12. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Ben, I've got you covered for at least this weekend. I am flying to DC on Saturday to go see our Saints whip up on the Redskins on Sunday. I guess once I get back on Monday, Cali will officially break off!

13. You're going west? I heard life is peaceful there and thats theres lots of open air.

14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the bay area is going to get that much more strange.

15. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Thanks for the well wishes, gentlemen. It appears your good vibes have positively affected my trip so far: I got 45 miles to the gallon in my 1991 Honda Civic with everything I own loaded into it, and the fast food I ate on the way didn't cause any adverse effects. Sweet.

Now... how to keep myself from going stir crazy in Dallas for three weeks?