im hopeless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Aug 2, 2005.

1. i have sudden urges for a warwick corvette std, passive one.....i just had to say it
  2. me too... that's really weird and i never even liked warwicks until about a week ago. i guess it just took some time.
  3. bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    You become a beleiver when you can play one that is brand new, or properly set up and hasn't been collecting dust, dings and warpage from Guitar Center for years on end.
  4. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    I want one so bad too... :bawl:
  5. i think a guitar center would be good....

ive only ever played a 5 string active corvette.....but i really liked it..would love to play a 4
  6. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    My passive corvette 4 is a great bass. Those MEC's really have a lot of punch, even for being passive. I string mine with Roto flats, sounds great. The neck is pretty darn chunky, especially past the 12th fret, but man does it GROWL :)
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've sooo tried to dig Warwicks. I love the way people who use them sound.... it just can't dig on their vibe when it comes from my hands.

I'd love a wide spaces neck-thru Dolphin or Thumb 6 fretless if such beasts can be had.... but everytime I pick a Warwick up.... meh, I need to go pick something else up quick.
  8. mlu

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    what whould u considered to be more desired, the passive or active?
  9. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Did you have to say it on TB though? :meh: :D
  10. yah, me too...

There was a Thumb 5 lefty hanging on the wall at one of my local stores (very rare!).

It was at the same time that I was looking to pull the trigger on a 5 banger. Dangerous!

I played around on it for about an hour, and it just didn't give me the vibe. Nice bass, right here now in my hands, but....
  11. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I have a fretless that sounds great (lots of mwah). I had the chance to play a fretted one last week and really liked it.
    Maybe a bit trebly but that was easily solved with some eq tweaking.
  12. quit whining least i didnt say the dreaded K word :p

IMO people are moving more towards active basses these days...but im really diggin passiveness these considering taking out the preamp on my KSD and rewiring it like a std fender
  13. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    or just wire it for a push/pull active/passive knob :)
  14. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Heath did you ever pick up a hoppus bass?
  15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    The Thumb BO can be had in Wideneck - 20mm spacing.
    But, the neck and balance can be a ruiner for some.
    The older ones are supposed to have better neck profiles and a bit better balance (due to the slightly different shape)
  16. my Ksd is active/passive....just that im barely using the active pre anymore...
    i havent had the chance to yet...but i played a classic series 60's jazz today with flatwounds on it....and thats challenging the hoppus for the blues gig