I'm Housin': Me no understand crazy man talk

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Alright, I know this song because of Rage, I forget who originally did it, but I have some lyrical confusion.

Coolin on the scene like a horse in a stable
    A brother got ill and tried to snatch a fat cable
    I stepped back, like it wasn't no thing
    I Punched him in the jaw with the fat gold ring
    I had an ace in the hole when it came to that
    Yo Z you was packin? You know was strapped
    Posse kept rollin it was hard to get with 'em
    So I stepped back, and unbuttoned my Lee denim
    They kept coming, just like I figured
    So I stepped back, and started sprayin (the n word)
    What a way to go out, out like a sucker
    But I'm on track, like a Long Island train
    that can head up your mission, suckers who be dissing
    Always on my jock like a snake always hissing
    Grabbing and tapping me like Luther Vandross
    Take me to the bar for the drink and make a toast
    Givin best wishes to the best MC
    And when the spot is blown and yo you know it's me

The only thing that really loses me is, "Snatch a fat cable"

What does this mean, and if one could translate the entire verse in a very square manner that a square such as myself could understand. Thanks and goodnight.
  2. It obviously means clasp and/or yank away a cable with a fairly large diameter! :p

Sorry, couldn't resist...it's 3am and the bud's flowin like water. I have no idea what it means...:confused:
  3. Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Because the original was released in the late 80s (IIRC, of course), I think its a reference to the fat gold chains they used to wear where some person got full of himself and tried to take it from someone else. But who knows, I'm a suburban white kid.
  4. I was hanging out at some place without anything to do. A negro man made a mistake in attempting to steal my necklace. I moved away but I wasn't afraid, so I punched him in the jaw with my large gold-coated ring.

I also had a gun in my pants. You had a gun? You know I usually carry one. Friends of the man whom I punched started to attack me and it was hard to fight them all simultaneously.
    So I withdrew and pulled my gun from my pants.

The men attacking me thought I was bluffing, so I stepped back and started shooting them. They were stupid to die like this. But there death doesn't effect me. I'm a leader reguardless of people who ridicule me.

Scratching my balls, intimidating people. The music moves me with it's great beat and flow as I freestyle. Buy me an alcholic beverage at the bar and raise a glass and drink in honor of the best rapper, me.
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    So, the fat cable is a necklace?

And I think his Lee Denim is his Denim jacket. Why would he unbutton his pants to start shooting people... wait... don't tell me.
  6. gangstas usually don't put their gun in their jacket, they put it in their belt. :cool:
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    True, but he has to unbutton his coat to get to his belt. I mean, I couldn't see him needing to unbutton his pants, unless they were really tight.