Im I a good bass player?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mykeindk, Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mykeindk

Nov 18, 2002
    i didn't really start thinking about it until me and my band put up these mp3s on the bands web-site
  2. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
  3. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    You're O.K. But you're not good enough to be making statements like "I'm a good bass player"(assuming you weren't asking if you were". Wrong forum, by the way.

4. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    look dude...first of all i looked at this on my work computer and it tried to install XUPITER... i start to get angry.

second i see an inverted penegram , goats head, and "since 666 b.c.". now i get annoyed.

i prefer to have NO religion pumped at me even IF i think yours is a desperate cry for attention.

MODS delete this if you feel the need but warnings should be place on attatchments that might offend and anything that contains spyware such as xupiter.

in short no you are not a good bass player. ;)

and dont bother reporting to moderators i will do so myself.

i am also greatly offended by your signature...and no i dont care if it is a band name.
  5. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Metal gives me a headache., and i'm not listening to the lyrics. You sound alright to me, I guess. I don't think much of your song titles tho' or your band symbol or whatever.
  6. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    First off, SPAM!!!!!!!

Second, bro....What the h3ll? Your band sucks. Seriously, Crappy website. You play the same riff over and over again. Sounds like nu-metal crap. And your singer sounds like hes jacking off while playing. I would have said you had good technique because you did. But geez, how lame are those songs and that site. lol....poser! I play metal, and you make it shameful man.....
  7. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    "since the coat hanger abortion"??

Is that supposed to be funny. Frankly, I don't see anything funny about it, considering I lost my older sister to that "practice".
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, this doesn't belong here - this is the basses forum, not recordings. i'll move it there.

as for whether you're good or not, i couldn't really tell. i do think that your band's forced offensiveness seems a bit juvenile and passe, but hey, it takes all kinds.
  9. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Upon hearing the songs again, I must say darkspec is right. The basslines is pretty catchy but I've just noticed that you keep playing it over and over again. And I forgot to mention, like what Darkspec said, your vocalist is horrible. Your band doesn't have good co-ordination. But you're an average bassist which I think is the only compliment your band is gonna get.

10. Ditto here...I was not to happy when I saw that ****
  11. Wheeee, a pentagram and lots of swearing, these guys must be good! :rolleyes: x100

Okay, my computer is now infested with Xupiter AGAIN and I didn't have a choice about it...:mad: [personal insult removed, though my opinion stands that you are still a spammer and something of a troll with that stupid signature.]

What's more, your band sucks. Your vocalist is beyond awful, the instrumentalists' timing is uneven and sloppy, and the songs are pure crap. Congratulations that you can play a simple riff, your mom must be very proud...nothing special there though. The recording quality sucks too, but I would expect that from a band like yours and it would be perfectly excusable if the songs were worth hearing. In summation, I want the last five minutes of my life back.

And now I'm off to run Ad-aware and get this #%#$%* Xupiter off my computer...

Go away and please don't come back.

:mad: :spit: :mad:
  12. U arent that bad in my opinion, not my kind of music but still you KINDA got a Rancid sound going, but ur too dark and satanistic for my taste, maybe you should hang out with Doadobe, He makes music like yours.

And "Im I a good bassplayer"? Im guessing you Mispelled Am but you may have added the I after the Im on accident, I dunno you confuse.
  13. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    owww geez another saten band. yeah I do agree with IAMERICCOCHRANE. You and Doadobe would make a cute couple.
  14. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    On behalf of everyone _|_:spit:_|_
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

[School Shooting]

I walk in my school and I shoot a couple kids
    the ones that where known as being ****ing dicks,
    they think there the **** they think there the bomb
    but really there jus **** sucking jocks!

shoot them all with an ak 47
    line them up in groups of seven
    end there lives less then 27 seconds
    they better hope and pray they all go to heaven

the job is done my list is checked
    the jocks are dead the cops come in
    arriving at the bloody scene
    I am in my cuffs in back of the cop car

shoot them all with an ak 47
    line them up in groups of seven
    end there lives less then 27 seconds
    they better hope and pray they all go to heaven

School Shooting!
    School Shooting!
    School Shooting!

By the way, it's they're(and their), not there. Might want to tell your webmaster.
  16. It's been a while since I've seen such wholesale violation of the TB usage agreement. I'm not trying to sound "holier than thou", but come on people. I understand that the guy wanted an assessment of his playing, but the personal insults are unnecessary.

As for the thread starter, it would be a good idea to let people know what kind of music you play before directing everyone to your website. You may be going for that "edgy satan worshipper" vibe, but some people just don't want to see inverted pentagrams or song titles containing profanity. Also, linking to a site that tries to install spyware is a HUGE no-no, so please don't do that again. As for your playing, I can't even hear the bass on my crappy laptop speakers so I can't provide any real criticism. I can say that your band could get quite a bit tighter.
  17. By the looks of your site, one might think that you were a couple of kids who are pissed off at the world for some reason and thought it would be cool to start a crappy satanic metal band. However, after hearing your mp3s, i think you're more of a crappy satanic punk band. And yes, you are inded the best bass player i have ever had the honor to hear.
  18. You guys remind me of a band called Seraded. Remember Seraded?
  19. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    wow.....that disgraces the word metal. that is NOT metal at ALL. ugh.

That is more punk sounding, but the whole image of it all makes it just crappy, and disgraces punk by sounding kinda like punk.

seriously, your drummer seemed to have a hard time keeping the rythm, the different little sections didn't go well with each other, and the vocals need work. you might be half decent, but seriously.

you have more potential, so make something better of yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.