1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm in a bit of a quandary....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jbo, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jbo

jbo

May 2, 2007
    Wichita, KS
    Hey everyone, I'm in a bit of a dilemma over an amp trade. I'm thinking of trading my bassman 1200 pro for a markbass SA450. Does this sound like a good trade? I've heard so many good things about the Markbass amps that it seems I wouldn't really be downgrading at all, is there anything I should keep in mind before trading?

The main reasons I'm wanting to trade are one, because of weight; the Markbass weighs in around 7.5 lbs whereas the Bassman is damn near 40, and two, power; 1200 watts is a helluva lot of umph for the gigs I play these days, the Markbass is 500w @ 4ohms which seem to be perfect.

The sounds I'm trying to achieve are anywhere from an Alain Caron slap tone to a really growly funk tone

Anywho, any help or advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Jordan

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Personally, I'd go for it as I love markbass and hate heavy amps. But it depends on your tonal preferences. Maybe go to GC and give the MB a demo?

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    +1