Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

im in a fix here

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by doublemuff216, Jul 13, 2004.

1. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    hey all,
    Im building a frankenstein jazz bass and it would be a magnificent piece if i could just find some decently priced passive pickups. I've already decided on a basslines quaterpounder jazz pickup for the neck but the body was pre cut for a humbucker at the bridge...(it was cut for one of those double jazz pickups...i think they're humbuckers) i could also cut it a little more and probably fit in a musicman style pickup...i also found an old gibson neck position humbucker from an EB-3 for $75...i simply need this bass to be passive...any suggestions? im open to anything new, used, and weird(i love weird)
    thanks,
    bob
    if you'd like e-mail me at odadjian216@yahoo.com

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You could take two more used Quarterpounders and wire them up together real close to each other at the bridge. I think they'd act like a humbucker since you'd be wiring the leads for both to the same connectors.

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    If you can rout it out to an MM style pup, the the Duncan Alnico is a great pup. I've got my paired with a Duncan hot jazz in the neck position. One word of caution though: shielding is required for these Duncan pups. They sound great, but without shielding they pickup every noise source imaginable.

4. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    i was thinking about the 2 jazz pups wired together...but if that doesnt work i also love the mm style pups...thanks a bunchguys...if anyone has either for sale please e-mail me
    odadjian216@yahoo.com
    thanks,
    bob :ninja:

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You've got mail, Bob.